Sunday 21 April 2013

Weathered Woodgrain

Weathered Woodgrain by cathroff
Weathered Woodgrain, a photo by cathroff on Flickr.

Hi, I inked up another stamp that I had to have, but hadn't used yet!

I'm going to try a few cards with this stamp as I think it's going to be very versatile!

I stamped the bg in black Versafine and clear embossed. Then I distressed 
with weathered wood and broken china inks. The embossing has created a nice scratchy texture IRL!

I'm going to enter the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show  where the theme is to create a project using a background stamp.

Materials used: Darkroom Door woodgrain and Penny Black Social Butterfly stamps; Distress inks; Tombows; Versafine ink and clear embossing powder; stickles on butterfly body; sentiment sticker, brads and cardstock from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

8 comments:

roffeycreations said...

That bg is so realistic - verry nice butterfly too... Mxx

Minxy said...

Loving the woodgrain background, thought it was washi tape at first but a stamp you say.. might have to add that to my need list!
Hugz Minxy

Monica said...

This is just toooo pretty... what an awesome background you have created. I just LOVE it. And the butterfly matches perfectly.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow, Cathy that card is stunning! I LOVE your background! By the way thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment! Greatly appreciated!

Tracey said...

LOVE this card! Such a fabulous background for your card you have created ! I NEED that stamp :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

rachel said...

Hi Cathy - thanks so much for popping over to my blog and leaving a lovely comment - love your work and now following xx

Carol L said...

How fabulous!!! The background is perfection with this bold sentiment, and the butterfly is heavenly with those gorgeous blue colors! I need to CAS your card :) Thanks for the inspiration!

scrappymo! said...

Another lovely one!