Sunday 7 April 2013

Black & Lime Flowers

Black & Lime Flowers by cathroff
Black & Lime Flowers, a photo by cathroff on Flickr.

Hi, I made a few of these buckle diecuts at my sister's recently. I wasn't sure how I'd use them, but I thought they made great flowers on this lime card.

I coloured the white diecuts black with my tombow, and the small flowers are punched out of snippets of white and lime.

I'm entering 3 challenges.

At Less is More it's a colour challenge using lime & black.

Using snippets means I can visit the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

And the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is turning 4.  Definitely something to celebrate!

Materials used: Memory Box buckle die; EK Success flower punch; Memory Box Key Lime card base; Tombow marker; brads and sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting today :)

17 comments:

Di said...

Wow, brilliant use of snippets - and perfect for LIM as well Cathy. Love the colours together - dedication to duty there, colouring the die cuts :)

Have a lovely day!

Hugs, Di xx

Chrissie said...

What a great idea to turn your buckles into flowers with the addition of the central element. I may have to use some of mine this way.
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

roffeycreations said...

Nice to see a really strong colour there Cathy - looks hot!! Mxx

Loll said...

Bold and beautiful Cathy! Loll xx

Lin said...

Lime is one of my favorite colors, and this card is so striking, Cathy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Linda said...

Love your card. So striking. It just pops out at you.

scrappymo! said...

Wow...this is very striking! Great wow factor with these colours! Great card.

Darnell said...

Simple and simply divine, Cathy! This is a striking card!!

Bonnie said...

I love that die! And all that lime space is such a beautiful contrast! Love it!

Jen Nelson said...

fabulous card
Love how you use the Lime and Black. Sorry I'm late visiting. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Lynn said...

Great idea, and they make gorgeous flowers. Lynn x

Viv said...

Such a pretty card :) Viv xx

Sarn said...

LOVING this colour combo. Terrific CAS card and use of snippets. xxx

Bubbles said...

Ooh... green - my fave colour! Love it :)
Just visiting from the Crafty Snippets Playground,
Bubbles
at Patchwork Apples
# 35

Gillian R said...

Really striking, what a fab card

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cathy, just popping over from the snippet playground. Love your LIM card - the black die-cuts look fab on the lime green cardstock. Elizabeth xx

Amanda said...

Such a fab cloud como, really eye catching. Hugs, Amanda x