Monday 1 April 2013

Blue & Green Butterfly

Blue & Green Butterfly by cathroff
Blue & Green Butterfly, a photo by cathroff on Flickr.
Hi, I only managed to get one card done today, not quite what I planned, Oh well. I've used another butterfly image that I just had to have, but had't inked up yet!!

I stamped and embossed the butterfly and coloured with my tombows, dark blue, light blue and sea green. I added a touch of black rainbow kindy glitz to the spots and body. The colours don't look as defined as they do IRL.

I'm entering the challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch.
Here is the sketch.


I trawled through my snippets of cardstock to find some to match the butterfly, so I'm also able to enter the Snippets Playground over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop too!

Materials used: Penny Black Social Butterfly stamp; Tombows; Kindy Glitz; cardstock & sentiment sticker from stash.
Thanks for looking :)

18 comments:

Karen M said...

Your card is stunning - I love your beautiful butterfly and the colours are so pretty xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Cathy, stunning card. Your colours remind me of a peacock. I love butterflies ❤

Happy Easter xx

Patrice said...

Love that butterfly!

Ardyth said...

So pretty! Love the sparkle on the wings! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Irene said...

Wow Cathy, your card is stunning and beautiful. I love the CAS lines embossing and butterfly.
luv
irene
xxxx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card...LOVE how you colored your butterfly!

Lynn said...

Wow! Superb take on the sketch - stunning butterly. Lynn x

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous...the colors are so striking and the butterfly is beautiful!
Love this card!

Di said...

Absolutely stunning Cathy - love everything about this beautiful card, and the butterfly is fabulous!

Hugs, Di xx

roffeycreations said...

Lovely Cathy - beautiful colour combination... Mxx

Judy Tuck said...

Beautiful butterfly.

Jules said...

Hi Cathy

This is stunning!!!

I love the colours you have worked with and that butterfly is gorgeous. Great use of the sketch.

Hope you had a good Easter.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Love the big butterfly and the colors are so pretty :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Mrs A. said...

Super butterfly image. Love the colours you have chosen. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful butterfly! Love these colors!

Debs Willis said...

Fab image, fab colours, and so elegant in its simplicity - love it!
Debs x

Sally H said...

wow, Cathy! How totally gorgeous! Sorry I didn't get here sooner, was out buying glue and tape thanks to Miss Di!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Cathy - that butterfly is stunning. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth xx