Wednesday 24 April 2013

Thinking of you...

Thinking of you... by cathroff
Thinking of you..., a photo by cathroff on Flickr.

Hi, the Make it Monday challenge at Capture the Moment  this week, is to create a project using Perfect Pearls or any other metallic sheen powder. You also need to use a Papertrey Ink product. Nichole has a great video on using perfect Pearls with Versamark ink.

I bought Moonglow Mica powders a few years ago at a craft show. Used them a couple of times, but didn't really have much success. It was great to be inspired to get them out again! 

I stamped the grasses from the PTI With Sympathy set using Versamark ink. Then I brushed the mica powder over the image. The pic of my card doesn't show the shine too well, it's great IRL. Here's a better view of the sheen on another piece.


I wanted to create a rustic wall hanging, so I used my woodgrain background stamp again.

Edited to add: I sprayed a light coat of hairspray over the finished piece before making up my card. The mica powder tended to rub off a bit and this helped to seal it. 

Materials used: Papertrey Ink With Sympathy stamps; Darkroom Door woodgrain background stamp; Mpress shape die and MFT label die; Distress inks; Versamark ink; clear embossing powder for the background; Mica powders; sentiment sticker, brad and gold cord from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

roffeycreations said...

Now this I love... Mxx

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful card! Love the shine, and the wood background is fantastic!!

Nancy Penir said...

Thanks for the hairspray tip! This is such a classy card. Just gorgeous.

Elizabeth S. said...

This turned out fantastic! Great for a wall hanging.

scrappymo! said...

Another gorgeous shimmery card!