Saturday 20 April 2013

Peony Pinwheel

Peony Pinwheel by cathroff
Peony Pinwheel, a photo by cathroff on Flickr.

Hi, I did a heap of weeding near our chook pen this morning. The girls were happy as they can see out now and are getting a bit more sunshine into their yard. 

I found a matching Memory Box envelope for this card. The colour is Peony so I thought it sounded like a good title for the card lol!

The dp was a freebie my sister gave me and it was white on one side. I sponged it with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy ink, it's a pretty good match I think.

I'm going to enter the Birthday Bash challenge at CASual Fridays

Materials used: Stampin Up pinwheel die; Memory Box label die; Tiny Bubbles embossing folder; toothpick; black tombow and glossy accents; Brilliance ink; sentiment sticker and brad from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

8 comments:

Di said...

Hi Cathy - this really is such a pretty card. Love the little windmill too.

I didn't get any photos but during our lunch break on the Playground outing to Ally Pally last weekend, Sarn held a quick little lesson on how to make windmills :) She'd taken all the stuff with her too.

Hugs, Di xx

Karen M said...

Your pinwheel is adorable - I love your card xx

roffeycreations said...

That ef is so versatile. Looks great with the peony colourpin wheel!! Mxx

Redanne said...

Gorgeous card! Love the way the embossed background matches the spots on the pinwheel - very clever..... Hugs, Anne x

Bonnie said...

What a pretty pinwheel! Love all that embossed white space! Fun!

Anonymous said...

Love all that wonderful, bubbly, celebratory texture, Cathy ... the splash of bold colour from the polka dot pinwheel is so vibrant against all that lovely white space! Thanks for your visit and kind words ... Anita :)

Colleen said...

Cathy, so glad to see your pinwheel!! Love your bright colors, I bet in real life it is very shiny! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog!

Lindsay said...

Love the texture and that adorable pinwheel!