Thursday 25 April 2013

Birthday Pop of Colour


Hi, I made this card using my background woodgrain folder again. I'll stop using it soon!! I used my moonglow mica powders for the banner. I was inspired by Nichole Heady, who has a great video on using Perfect Pearls with Versamark ink.

I'm entering the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show, where the theme is to use a pop of colour.
I'm also entering the challenge at Simon Says Stamp, where the theme is anything goes.

The mica powders are quite shiny and irridescent IRL, it doesn't show too well in my photo. Here's a pic of some that shows the sheen.


Materials used: Darkroom Door woodgrain stamp; Maya Road banner stamps; Simon Says Stamp banner die; Mica powders; Versamark ink; Versafine ink & clear embossing powder for the background; Distress inks; sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)



10 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. Sorry I haven't been to your blog for a while ... life has been busy! But I took a look several of your last posts and love what you've been creating with the woodgrain stamp ... fabulous! Such a great backdrop for so many styles of card! Loll xx

roffeycreations said...

Another stunner - love the colours on the banner... I need more black alphabet stickers... am trolling on-line for sentiments too and the papercrafthub has some interesting ones... Mxx

Cathy said...

Brisbane craft show June long weekend. Papercraft Hub are on the list :) coming? Start saving up now!!

Karen M said...

I love your pretty banners and they look so cool against that background! Hugs xx

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

roffeycreations said...

Excellent - putting my pennies in a jar now...Mxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, love the wood grain backdrop. Love the added bunting. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challemge. Tracy x

Karen M said...

Hi Cathy, I've just had a wander around your blog and I love your cards...very cool style!

Sherry D. said...

Hi Cathy,

I saw this card while visiting the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog and had to get a closer look - Love the woodgrain - this would make a perfect "masculine" birthday card!

scrappymo! said...

Hi Cathy
I've been so busy in the garden I have fallen behind in visiting. Just paged back to catch up and i am sure glad I did/ I have this stamp and have never inked it! You are inspiring me to dig it out and ink it up!

I love the way you have done the versafine ink and then embossed it! Wow!!!
These weathered wood cards are just stunning!