Tuesday 16 April 2013

Gold & Green Butterfly

Gold & Green Butterfly by cathroff
Gold & Green Butterfly, a photo by cathroff on Flickr.

Hi, I've used a remnant of Japanese paper for the background in this card. I bought a few sheets at a craft show in Brisbane a couple of years ago. I've used some of all of them and thought I'd better use up the rest!

I'm going to enter the snippets playground over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. As well as the Japanese paper remnant, I've used snippets of card for the top of the butterfly and the label.

I'm also entering a new challenge for me, Flutter by Wednesdays.  It's an open challenge this week, as long as you use a butterfly somewhere in your project.

Materials used: Japanese paper; Memory Box butterfly and label dies; vellum; twinkling H2Os; sentiment sticker and bling from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

14 comments:

scrappymo! said...

That Japanese paper is so shimmery and pretty. Your butterfly looks great..I have that die too and it is wonderful isn't it!

Di said...

Hi Cathy

Oh my word, what a gorgeous card! The butterfly is beautiful - my guess is you used a double die (maybe?) and Twinkling H2Os to colour the backing vellum? It's a stunning result and goes so perfectly with the wonderful backing paper. Love it!!

Hugs, Di xx

roffeycreations said...

Love the Japanese paper - I should drag mine out too... color of the butterfly is perfect...Mxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Cathy, love that Japanese paper, I love how you've matched the butterfly so well.

Hugs xx

Cathy said...

Yes, Darla & Vivienne dies and the back one I used vellum and painted with the twinks. (I love when you paint the vellum it curls and folds and then nearly straightens out again, almost as though the butterfly comes to life! Think I probably need to get a bit more life of my own lol!!)

Heather said...

Hi Cathy, thanks for your lovely comment. I love that gorgeous Japanese paper and perfect to set of the beautiful butterfly.

hugs
Heather xx

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, that paper is over-the-top gorgeous! I've never seen anything quite like it, but it sure makes for one gorgeous card!!! Fabulous creation!

MaryH said...

This is simply gorgeous. Thanks for the links to the butterfly challenge. Might have to check that one out. Also thanks for mentioning what dies you used (goodie, I have those, alas, no Japanese papers though). Your greens & golds were so beautiful & this is a most lovely card. Been having trouble with computer cookies, think (hope) I have it fixed on one pc. Other pc, still sick. I tried yesterday to comment, but blogger kept telling me to enable cookies! I thought I had - according to all directions - but then had to go searching for more places! Grrr. Have a great day & TFS

Darnell said...

Now THAT card made me fly back into my seat! Holy cow wow, your card is breathtaking, Cathy!!

Danni said...

Fabulous card!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Kristie Goulet said...

That paper is beautiful! I LOVE your card!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I am now following you. :)

Sarn said...

Stunning! xxx

Bonnie said...

This is breathtaking, Cathy! Wow!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Another stunning card - love that PP and the pretty butterfly!