Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Glenda wants us to use a square card with a coloured base.
Our party guests and my team mates have lots of inspiration over at the blog, so I hope you can play along.
I don't often make square cards, although I do often use black bases.
I've seen lots of ideas on pinterest for florals on a black base and love how the flowers pop, so that's where I went with this card.
I coloured some card with oxide inks for the flowers and used a green card from my stash for the greenery. The embossing folder is new to me, I like how it matched the blooms!
I tossed up between a black on white sentiment, but gold on black won.
I'm linking up to these challenges:
The Sisterhood of Crafters, Flowers
Supplies:
Altenew piped floral lace 3D ef; Spellbinders be bold blooms dies; Poppystams banner sentiments stamp & die; scraps of gold card; oxide inks.
Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

5 comments:
The bright die cut flowers and leaves look beautiful over the black EF background Cathy and a lovely gold on black sentiment strip to finish...a gorgeous card. x
What a great idea to add these bright flowers onto the Dark Card base as it does really make them pop. Wow all of the texture is gorgeous.
Beautiful bold blooms and your dark embossed background is sheer perfection behind them! So glad you shared it with us at Tic Tac Toe challenges.
This is so pretty, Cathy! Looks like we both had a balck base in mind. You have used one of my favorite dies that I do now own! I too rarely make square cards so it was a nice change.
Stunning! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner
Post a Comment