Friday 11 January 2019

Butterfly & Bokeh.


Hi everyone, I finally managed to try the bokeh technique.
First time for me and it was lots of fun, I do think I need to get a new white inkpad though as what I have was no longer very white!

I blended some antique linen, bundled sage and shabby shutters distress ink together then used a finger dauber to sponge some white pigment ink through a bubbles stencil. I wanted some larger circles so also used a retro circles stencil.

The butterfly was inked in versafine, clear embossed, fussy cut and coloured with Inktense pencils.

I'm linking up to the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.
My elements are bokeh, stamping, fussy cutting, wet embossing and watercolouring with Inktense pencils.


Since I've used sponging and a stencil I'm also linking to the CAS Stencil Challenge.
The theme is sponging, nice and easy!


The Paper Players has a crazy about critters theme.


At Simon Says Work it Wednesday the theme is to try something new.

I'm also linking to the challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine, where it's anything goes as long as you've used hand stamping on your project.

Take It, Make It Challenge

Supplies:
Distress ink, versafine ink & clear embossing powder; Darkroom Door butterfly stamp; Nellie Snellen bubbles stencil; Stamplorations retro circle stencil; Inktense pencils; Versacolor white ink;
Happy Little Stampers sentiment stamp from doodled flowers set; hammered card base.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x



18 comments:

Sue said...

Stunning card, Cathy. Great job with the bokeh and the colouring of the butterfly is beautiful.

Jo said...

Such a bright Bokeh for that lovely Butterfly. The Black is the perfect accent to make this whole card pop. Great CAS design, a beautiful card. TFS at CAS Mix Up! xx

Cat Craig said...

Cathy your bokeh turned out beautifully. I cheated and used paper for the challenge, but I think I am going to get out the inks and give it shot. YOu've inspired me.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous colour combination and a stunning effect from the bokeh tecnique. Such a beautiful butterfly too X

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and butterfly-love the Bokeh technique
Carol x

Loll said...

Great work with your bokeh technique Cathy! Doesn't look like it's your first time. Love the colours you've used that are mimiced in the beautiful butterfly. Gorgeous card, my friend! xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the soft colours and the same shades used with your butterfly - the black makes him pop off the card

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous colour for your panel and love the butterfly :)

nancy littrell said...

Love your sponged background and bokeh technique for your panel Adding your pretty stamped and fussy cut butterfly and simple sentiment made the perfect CAS Card design for our CAS Mix Up Challenge. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Julia Aston said...

Your Bokeh design is so pretty on the sponged greens Cathy - I always have trouble with the white inks - I buy them, don't use them for a while and when I want them they seem to be already dried out! Yours worked very nicely here - and your butterfly is gorgeous! xx

Bonnie said...

I love these soft colors in your Bokeh background, Cathy! And your butterfly is a perfect match! You do have the best butterflies!

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome card and love the Bokeh! I need to do that technique more often. Thanks for the heads up on the CAS stencil challenge!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fantastic job of making the gorgeous panel using the Bokeh technique for the first time, Cathy! Your matching butterfly is amazing! You truly ARE a butterfly queen. :-)
Thanks for sharing this beauty at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful yellow and lime green mix, Cathy love this very much..l think your spots are perfectly fine. I find I forget to let vase colour dry before adding Bokeh and get transfer with my work at tiem,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Pat said...

This bokeh background is beautiful Cathy and I love the shades of green you have used, and the different sized white circles work beautifully. The black edges, butterfly and sentiment really pop against it too. x

Anita in France said...

The softness of the bokeh is just lovely with that delicate, beautiful butterfly, Cathy ... so dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS ..... great job on the Bokeh effect too. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil and the Craft Stamper challenges xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...
x Karen