Friday 4 January 2019

Birthday Confetti!


Hi everyone, I have some exciting news to start the new year off with.

 Nancy from Seize the Birthday has asked me to join her design team!
I was thrilled to be asked as I love making birthday cards and am excited to be playing along with such an inspirational team!

The first theme for this year is confetti,


 or as always you can play along with the no toppings option of anything goes as long as it's a birthday theme.


This is my first shaker card!
I thought punching out tiny stars from scraps of cardstock would make great confetti. There's not a lot of room for shaking but for a first attempt I'm pretty happy lol!

I diecut a circle from a piece of card slightly smaller than my base card, then embossed it with a stars folder. The sentiment circle fits snugly around the opening and then I glued a circle of acetate to the back of the opening.
Used lots of thick foam tape to create a wall to hold in the confetti and to make the top layer sit evenly on the base.

I'm linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is something new. Sheker cards are a new technique for me.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

It's try something new at the Work it Wednesday Challenge.


Supplies:
Cuttlebug stars embossing folder; star punch from stash; happy birthday circle die bought from a craft fair; Spellbinders circle die; scraps of silver glitter and coloured card.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations Cathy on the DT. Its a super festive card and the stars are fabulous confetti.

Pat said...

Congratulations Cathy for becoming a member of the Seize the Birthday Design Team, and your first card is beautiful with the shaker element, and love the circular sentiment which frames it perfectly. Sorry I have not been to comment recently, but I had such a lot on in December that I ran out of time for visits, but less distractions now..lol. I hope you had a good Christmas and wishing you a very Happy, Healthy and Creative 2019. x

Barbara said...

So happy to have you join this team. You will find it a lot of fun. I have met Nancy and Joann, but I am afraid that a trip to Australia is not in the near future. I will have to be satisfied with your amazing cards. Of course, if you should come here, we could make arrangements to meet.

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on joining the STB DT, Cathy! What a fabulous first shaker ... great texture and dimension ... and such fun, sparkly star confetti ... so celebratory! Bonne Année! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire said...

Congrats on your design team spot, I hope you have lots of fun. Your card is super, I love stars and this stands out filled with lots of colour against the white x

Brenda in IN said...

Congratulations to you, Cathy! You started out with a bang, this card is so cute. I love the bright stars in the shaker and how you combined them with that embossing folder.

Bonnie said...

What a fun shaker card with the star sequins and embossed background! Love that birthday die cut!

Lindsey said...

Welcome to the STB party, Cathy! Fabulous shaker card - totally not my thing to make, but I love seeing one so well done.

Loll said...

Congrats on being on Seize the Birthday team, Cathy! I'm so happy for you! Awesome shaker card. What a great way to use that die-cut and the colours of the shaker stars are so bright and cheerful. xx

JoAnn said...

Glad to have you on our DT Cathy. I love your shaker element with the Happy Birthday die cut. The stars are perfect with the star embossed background.

Aileen said...

Great card Cathy, love shakers, dont make them often as I seem to manage to make leak shakers better than the real thing. Love the design and congratulations on joining the team at Seize the Birthday. Cant wait to see all your cards there. xx Aileen

Nancy said...

So happy to have you with us Cathy! You started out with something you had not done before...good for you! I love the bright stars in the shaker and how they match that great EF. Have a great day!

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations Cathy on your new Design Team and what a great card to be showcasing. Fun idea to make the shaker card and such a fabulous design x.

Julie B said...

Great shaker card and an interpretation of confetti I hadn't thought of.
Congrats on the new DT spot too. Newbies together! :)

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Cathy! Your birthday shaker card is fantastic! So colorful and who does like a little interactive fun?! Hugs, Darnell

Glenda J said...

Welcome to the team! So glad you could join us. Your card is fantastic! Love the matching texture and star sequins.

shirley-bee said...

Great to have you on the team, Cathy! Love how you’ve repeated the star theme in your confetti and on your background.