Tuesday 26 November 2013

Floral Basket


Hi, I tried to upload some cards last night but my internet is VERY slow and couldn't do it. So I'm up early before work and it is onlyslightly better. We're on satellite broadband and I think there's some problems with over subscription to the service. Have to see what happens.

I stamped this basket on the weekend at my sister's, it's an old Penny Black stamp. The flowers are Heartfelt Creations and the greenery is Memory Box Madeira corner cut from snippets of green card. I cut up and positioned the tendrils with glue at the back of the basket

I'm linking up to the challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More, where the challenge is to Make Your Mark.
I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the basket and tombows to colour the flowers.

Using snippets means I can visit the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop, there's always lots of fun things going on over there!

At Inkspirational it's an anything goes challenge this fortnight.

At Seize the Birthday, there's an option of using pink and 2 images or embellishments to celebrate the arrival of  Jenny's twins,

or to create an anything goes birthday card. 

Materials used: Heartfelt Creations flower and Penny Black basket stamps; Versafine ink & clear embossing powder; Memory Box Madeira corner die;Punch Bunch tiny flower punch for the flower centres; Kaszazz vine border embossing folder; tombows; prismacolor pencils; sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

19 comments:

Sue - said...

Really pretty flower basket Cathy!

Mrs A. said...

A pretty basket of flowers which sit nicely against the embossed background. Hot chestnuts and soup behind the chicken coup but dun tell Miss cos I spect the wee fire is against elf and safey regulations. Did you see we ave roolz now to keep !! Hugs Mrs A. .

Danielle Vincent said...

A lovely basket of flowers - so pretty and cheery. Really pretty embossing too. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

scrappymo! said...

A very pretty basket of flowers...it makes a great card for using up snippets!

roffeycreations said...

Looking Good Cathy - like the basket!!! Mxx

Monica said...

Loving this basket and the flowers pop out.

Di said...

LOVE this adorable basket Cathy - I bet it took ages to snip those little pieces and fix them so perfectly.

Ahem, ignore Mrs A and the chestnuts - I just went and threw a bucket of water over her and the brazier 'cos the chicken's were beginning to think they were next on the menu!

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy. Love your coloured flowers, they are very cheerful. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! The basket is an amazing image - it looks real and has so much depth. And your flowers are so pretty. Great job! Loll xx

roffeycreations said...

OOh and I like the use of the coloured background for your pic - makes your card pop!! Mxx

Brenda in IN said...

This is wonderful. I love the flowers out of the basket. Looks so real.

Kimbo said...

What a pretty card - I love the dimension of the flowers x

MaryH said...

Cathy, really liked the dimension you added with the flowers popping out of this pretty basket. Lovely EF you chose as well. A simply beautiful card. Good luck with your internet service. TFS & Hugs

Sarn said...

Gorgeous basket of flowers with the pretty embossed background. Lovely.

Hugs
Sarn x

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty basket and I love the dimension the 3D flowers give this! I hadn't thought of the Madeira Corner as greenery, but I love how it works. I need to remember that!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. The basket full of flowers and embossed background add great dimension and texture. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

Love the embossing and the adorable basket and flowers...great card! Glad you joined us over at Seize the Birthday!

Nonni said...

Beautiful card, I always love cards with flowers! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Inkspirational!

Yvonne Garner said...

Such a pretty, feminine card! Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!