Saturday 16 November 2013

Cactus Birthday


Hi, I stamped this cactus image at my sister's a few months ago. The stamp belongs to a friend near her, thanks Amanda :), so I'm not sure of the brand.
I used Versafine ink and clear embossing powder then fussy cut it. I coloured the cactus with distress inks then used my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol to add some shading. The base card is embossed with my Tim Holtz Sizzix woodgrain folder. 

I'm linking up to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More, anything goes.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Got ink. I used crushed olive and shabby shutters distress ink on my cactus and antique linen and tea dye ink on my layer behind the cactus.

Thanks for visiting :)



5 comments:

roffeycreations said...

Looks good Cathy - like the shading on the cactus... Mxx

Monica said...

Hi Cathy, what a nice and friendly cactus that is... and super colouring.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely CAS card, love the embossed backdrop which is perfect for the cactus image. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Nonni said...

Cute card with a fun cactus image! I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

stressfreestamping said...

I love the cactus over the top of the woodgrain background. Great combination and such a unique card! Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)