Sunday 3 November 2013

Christmas Wreath


Hi, I've finally managed to make a card this weekend!
We went shopping to our largest nearby town (1 1/2 hours drive away) yesterday so there wasn't much free time by the time we got home. 
Sadly my last chicken was killed by a snake last week, so I thought we'd revamp our worm farm to put our veggie scraps into. While tidying up the garden to reposition the worm container I cut my pinky with the seceteurs, boy are they sharp!! It doesn't need stitches but it'll probably take a while to heal up. I don't think I'll be able to wash the dishes for a while lol!

I made this card to enter a few challenges. At Inkspirational  there's a photo for inspiration.


I used lots of snippets., so I can enter the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. The circle frame for the wreath was a leftover from resizing a circle using a Spellbinder die. The autumn holly leaves are punched from the leftover sheet of watercolor paper I coloured with distress inks to create a couple of autumn themed cards. The green leaves and holly are cut from snippets of green card. It's amazing how you can manipulate a punch to get just one more cut out of a scrap!!

At Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog  the themes are anything goes, and at Addicted to Stamps & More the challenge is to create a Clean & Simple card.

Materials used: Martha Stewart Branch and Holly punches; distress inks; Stately embossing folder; bling and sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)


21 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

This is stunning! Those leaves look so real! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

roffeycreations said...

Very nice wreath - the leaves are so realistic - sad to hear about the chookie... hope you get more next year... Mxx

Cathy said...

thanks Mo, it was a shame, she was laying every day and otherwise really healthy! We'll miss the eggs bit it'll give us a chance to revamp the chook yard :)

sandie said...

Gorgeous wreath and the strong green really stands out against the white background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. This would also be perfect for our challenge at Ink
http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk

Di said...

Really fabulous Cathy! so elegant and the wreath is beautiful. Shame about the chook :( Snakes are my phobia so am still shuddering here.

Hope the pinkie heals soon!

Hugs, Di xx

Monica said...

Love this wreath... so real looking. Wow, no dishes but at not such a nice cost. Hope that lil' finger heals soon.

Sue said...

Your wreath looks stunning, Cathy! Sorry to hear about your chicken and I hope you finger is better soon. You could enter your card at Nonni's Christmas Card challenge: use scraps or old stash: http://korttikarkuri.blogspot.fi/2013/11/my-christmas-card-challenge-2-christmas.html

rachel said...

beautiful card Cathy - sorry to hear about the chicken - and the finger - at least the finger has a silver lining xx

MaryH said...

Boo, on cutting your finger. Bet that hurt too. This is a gorgeous wreath..love the way you combined the twiggy shape with your pretty fall leaves. Glad you had a fun shopping trip. While you can't wash dishes, you can craft, hmmm???LOL, TFS & Hugs
(Oh yes, I'm in agreement with Di. Glad you didn't show any pictures!)

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. Fabulous design. Love your wreath with the holly and autumn-colored leaves. Great job on covering off so many challenges with this gorgeous card!

Sorry to hear about you injured finger ... definitely the upside is not having to do the dishes! :) Take care and heal fast! Loll xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful wreath, Cathy, and it's framed so beautifully with this EF! Your cards always send me on a shopping spree!

Lynn said...

Hello Cathy, wonderful wreath, much better than the one I have for my front door, lol. So sorry to hear about the chicken. You did well with the card considering you have a poorly pinkie. Hope you better soon! Lynn x

Nonni said...

How beautiful! I love your stylish wreath on that clean and simple, elegant background. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Darnell said...

Fantastic snippets make, Cathy! I'm sorry about your chicken and about your cut finger. Don't let it get infected and whatever you do, no doing dishes ... or cooking ... or laundry .... Hugs, Darnell

Dan said...

What a beautiful card - so simple in concept but perfectly executed for a wonderful result. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Irene said...

Cathy, your card is fabulous - the leaves look so real. So sorry to hear about your chicken, and I hope the finger heals quickly,
luv
irene
xxxx

Hettie said...

Gosh Cathy this card is bootiful! Love that wreath.
My condolences over your lost chook. So sad. I am always very upset when I lose one - they are so funny.
I would keep the not being able to wash up for as long as possible! I burnt my thumb on the glue gun the other night so can sympathise with you.
Hugs
xx

jimlynn said...

Cathy, this is perfect in every way!!! WOW!
Lynn

Sue - said...

Stunning wreath‼ Sorry to hear about your chicken - ugh I hate snakes.

Yvonne Garner said...

You've had a time of it! Such an outstanding, elegant card! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous die cut wreath, the brown and green holly leaves look fantastic on it. Cheers, Shirleyx