Saturday 11 March 2017

Infusions, paint and ink.


Hi everyone, so glad it's the weekend again! Chores are getting done and I've been playing with infusion powders.

I love how these feathers turned out, although they do look a lot like leaves!
I sprinkled infusions powder onto some watercolour paper then spritzed it with water. I poured a little  Paper Artsy pearl glaze onto a craft mat and diluted it with lots of water using a small brush. I also added some Finetec gold watercolour paint to the mat. Then I smooshed the paper through the glaze and paint on the craft mat a few times until I was happy with the effect. I also brushed a layer of the diluted pearl glaze over the paper, the leaves have a lovely pearly gold sheen to them.

I've made another project with the leftovers on the craft mat, waste not want not lol!

To finish the card I embossed with a Darice folder and used a few distress inks to add some colour. I also swiped walnut stain and some gold ink around the edge.

The PaperArtsy Blog has a challenge that is closing soon! The topic is to use PaperArtsy infusions and paint. There are loads of amazing creations to inspire you. I chose Clare's card here, I was inspired by the jade colour and using diecuts. Clare's card with the diecut silhouette looks fantastic, beautifully CAS. 

Since one of the techniques I used was smooshing paper through the paint, I'm also linking up to the
 Cas mix up card challenge. I've used smooshing, stamping, embossing and diecutting.


Supplies: 
PaperArtsy a bit jaded infusions and pearl glaze; distress inks in tumbled glass, peacock feathers, weathered wood, pumicestone and walnut stain. Finetec gold watercolour paints; Stampin Up feathers die and sentiment; Darice feathers on the side embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

20 comments:

Loll said...

This is so pretty!! Love your smooshed feathers, Cathy. The colours are gorgeous especially with the gold and pearl ... lots of shimmer. Very cool embossing folder and sponging for your background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is so stunning. The color is so beautiful and the gold makes it elegant. So much detail and extras on this card. Wow!

Darnell said...

Wow, Cathy, this is my new favorite work of art you've made! It is spectacular in every way! Have a great crafty weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

What wonderful colours! I'd love to see that pearly shine in real life! The feathers work so well with that embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

rachel said...

this is absolutely beautiful - I adore what you have done! Gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Mac Mable said...

Stunning and so very eye catching. Beautiful card x

Aileen said...

Love this design and your smooching and brushing and adding adds up to a stunning card. Looove the fold you used and the extra colour added to it, all comes together to make perfection.

Skye said...

A gorgeous card. Love the colours and the design. There is a hint of shimmer in the photo but I am sure it would be fabulous in real life

scrappymo! said...

Beuatifulinky card. I really like the look you have achieved here.

Hazel Agnew said...

This is so elegant Cathy. I love your smooshy feathers!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, Cathy, this is a masterpiece! A true work of art! It should be framed! Those feathers look stunning! Awesome technique!

Bonnie said...

This is GORGEOUS, Cathy! I love the soft colors and can see a hint of glow in the photos! An amazing embossed edge! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Happy Dance said...

Absolutely stunning! This is a real eye-catcher in the gallery, and I'm so impressed with what you've created. Really, really beautiful. I think you've got a winner here. Bev

Pat said...

This is beautiful Cathy and I love the die cut feathers and then the Darice folder in the background and the pretty colours you have used which complement one another fantastically well. x

Anita in France said...

Wow, Cathy, what a stunner! Those gently falling smooshed feathers are gorgeous ... they have such a wonderful soft glow from the gold and pearly finish ... beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

Gramma Sarah said...

This is awesome with the use of the glaze. The colors are so soft and soothing. Love it!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! Love everything about this card.

roffeycreations said...

As everyone has said - this is stunning - such a beautiful design and colours... Mxxx

Daria said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing the details.

Helen said...

I just found this card, Cathy! I just had to say I think it's gorgeous! I adore this wonderfully artistic card!!! x