Friday 21 April 2023

Embossed resist with Magicals

 


Hi everyone, I've been playing with Lindy's magicals.
I watched one of Jennifer McGuire's videos and was inspired to have a go!
(I think I need to find some more open design background stamps as this one is a bit busy, although I really like it.)
I stamped the Cora Background stamp onto watercolour paper with versamark ink using my misti, then clear embossed it.

After spritzing with water I added magicals, I had lots of pots open so not sure what colours I ended up using!

I don't have many shadow die cuts but thought this one suited the card.

I'm linking up to these challenges:

Allsorts, playing along with the create your own background option



Aud Sentiments, wet or dry embossing option

Make My Monday, frame it
Use a black border to make the colours pop.





Supplies:
 Simon Says Stamp Cora Background stamp; Lindys Magicals; versamark ink & clear ep; Thanks die out of it's packet so not sure of the brand; hammered cardstock base.

Thanks for visiting,

Cathy x


13 comments:

brenda said...

So striking, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and creating your own background which I love, the design just draws you in.

B x

Liz said...

Beautiful card with an amazing background, Cathy. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Linby said...

So beautiful and love the bright bold colours. Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts.

Pamela said...

you've created a colorful background with multi-colors that's really stunning. I think by adding a frame totally showcase the artwork. Thank you for playing with us at MMM

Pat said...

Beautiful Cathy and I'm sure being the Magicals powders there will be some wonderful shimmer and shine, and the black backed die cut sentiment looks great over the top. x

Loll said...

AMAZING card Cathy! I LOVE the intricte design, made even more beautiful with the magicals. Great work! xx

Maria Valente said...

Hi! Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for joining out Frame it! challenge at MMMChallenge Blog.
Hugs

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out very cool! Thanks for inspiring me to get out my powder inks :) also, thanks for joining in at the HLS Watercolor

The Dream Pages said...

Such a fun technique.. I need to revisit it.. Thank you so much much for inspiration..
Thank you for joining us at HLS water colour challenge, stay safe and keep crafting..
Swapna

*Vicki* said...

Wow! What a stunning background! I love the blend of brilliant colors over the heat embossed image! You've finished out the card beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous make with us at Sparkles Monthly! Crafty hugs

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautifully done!
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving all the detail of the clear heat embossing and the colour blending is gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hugs, Jo x

Cazro said...

Fabulous a very clever way of using the embossing technique, dramatic and artistic. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz. DT.