Friday 28 April 2023

Balloons for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Vicki has chosen balloons as the optional theme for this fortnight.


You can always add to your birthday stash of cards with our anything goes birthday option too!

Our party guests Hilary and Claire along with my team mates have some wonderful inspiration for you, so I hope you can play along.

I wanted to try some new supplies and some very old ones that haven't been used before!

I think these hot air balloon stamps were one of my first Stampin Up purchases!
I've had the slimline frame die for a while too, while the slimline sentiment is a newbie.

The background is a mop up piece of watercolour paper from a play with Lindy's magicals. Not much shimmer left as I spritzed a fair bit of water on it. The patchy parts reminded me of clouds.

I inked the sentiment with versamark and embossed it with pearl lapiz embossing powder. It's a pretty blue although it looks black in the pic. The balloons are inked with versafine clair inks and clear embossed for shine.

(The card just fitted in my light box, I'll need to sort something else out for pics!!)

I'm linking up to these challenges:



Cardz For Guyz, embossing wet or dry.


Double D Challenge, things that fly



Supplies:
Stampin Up Up Up & Away stamps; versafine inks & clear ep; Tombow markers;
Pink & Main stitched slimline die; Picket Fence Slimline Happy Birthday die; versamark ink and Stampendous Pearl Lustre lapiz ep.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


19 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a great card. I love that you used a left over bit of smooshing for the background and I can imagine that it is enhanced by the shine. It will make a great card for a man. I have really enjoyed my little stint as your surprise party guest. Thanks so much for having me xx

Liz said...

Super slimline card, Cathy. Lovely design. xx

JoAnn said...

Great slimline card Cathy. Love the colorful hot air balloons and big sentiment. Great background too.

dj said...

I just love a hot air balloon!! Fantastic birthday card with that pearl embossed sentiment die!! Thanks for playing along with our "embossing" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked the masculine element with your trio of balloons.
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G320

Diane said...

Creative, festive and beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Barbara said...

I see clouds too and that font on your sentiment is delightful. Embossed with pearl must make it a real stand out. These hot air balloons could make a great masculine birthday card too. Something that I am always looking for.

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's gorgeous. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges.

Lisa said...

Love these balloons and the wonderful mop up piece for the background. That is a perfect background to give a clouds feel to your balloons.

Nancy said...

Awesome slimline, Cathy! I recently gave this SU set to a new cardmaker. Love that watercolored background too. I need to remember to do that next time I need a sky! Have a great weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that you placed this on A slimline! Turned out great 😊

Colleen said...

Cathy, I love the background, I thought maybe it was going to be alcohol ink but it wasn't! I think the splotchy looks perfect for clouds! And those are a great size of hot air balloons for a slimline! Great card!

Sue Jackson said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous slimline. I'm glad you can use your whitebox well. I couldn't get the hang of it and gave up. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery for the next challenge, which I am hosting.

JulieP said...

Your background is a perfect sky!!! Love that you chose a slimline too.

Ashwini Rao said...

Everything looks amazing! I love the patchy watercolor for the sky, the gorgeous embossing on the sentiment and those cute balloons - everything is perfect!

Deekshita Jaideep said...

Beautiful Balloon Slimline Card !! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

Катерина Pioniya said...

Cool slimline card!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT

Linda said...

Your hot air balloons are perfect for this challenge. Fantastic card, Cathy.

Glenda J said...

Love this slime line card and yay for using old stuff (I did the same). Your watercolour background is fabulous for your bright and cheerful hot air balloons.

Sarn said...

A fab card and I always love to see mop up sheets being used. X