Sunday 8 December 2013

Star Ornaments


Hi, when my boys were young I made a heap of these stars with them to decorate our christmas tree. They did the colouring with the kindy glitz. Back then I used a lot of chipboard from the backs of notepads and any dark card scraps I could get hold of. We needed to make quite a lot!

 I thought I'd make some new ones and enter the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. The theme is to create a christmas ornament for the tree or wall.

I'm also linking up to Holly Jolly Christmas challenge where there's a challenge and a blog hop. The theme is anything goes christmas card or project. 

For each ornament I stamped four stars in silver Versacolor and used super fine silver embossing powder. I used  kindy glitz to colour them then taped some silver cord between the inside 2 stars. Finally, glued the outside 2 stars on. They look great on the tree with the christmas lights making them sparkle.

I popped a couple of brads into this sheet of black card to hang the ornaments on. If I was organized and had my tree up I could've photographed them there! It's on the list  for this weekend.

Materials used: PSX stamp, the date on it says 1992!! silver ink and ep; kindy glitz; glue and silver cord from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

13 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

These are so pretty - I bet they look beautiful on the tree xx

roffeycreations said...

They almost look like earrings hanging there LOL - an oldie but a goodie stamp that one... Mxx

Loll said...

Very cool ornaments. Love the design and the colors you've used are gorgeous. Loll xx

Darnell said...

These are stunning, Cathy! The paper backdrop is perfect for them, so we can really see the detail. I'm so taken with them. They look like expensive hand-forged metalwork!! A winning project I'm sure!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous stars - great colors too. My tree is not up either! Must do that soon! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

happyglitzygirl said...

Just gorgeous, such an intricate pattern, well done, really like them, thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

rachel said...

these are beautiful Cathy - I bet your tree has always looked a treat - fantastic xx

Brenda in IN said...

These look like you paid a fortune for them. They are so shiny and glittery. Beautiful!

Sammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Cathy! I'd absolutely buy these for my tree!
Our tree doesn't go up until the 11th. 2 weeks before Christmas is the very earliest I'll allow. anything before that just means I want to pull the thing back down again before the big day! lol. Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
Sammy-x

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, these are stunning!!! Bet they really sparkle and shine hanging from the tree. Thanks for joining us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.

Linda

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty star earrings. Lovely Christmas project. Thank you for joining our blog hop at Holly Jolly this month. Good luck. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you back in 2014. Judy DT

Bonnie said...

What pretty ornaments, Cathy! That's a perfect stamp for them and I'll bet they are beautiful with the lights reflecting!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just lovely Cathy an thanks for the idea, love cards above too!

Thanks for popping over and may the Lord bless you your family this Christmas time as we worship at the feet if the newborn King,
Love Shaz in Oz.x