Thursday 19 December 2013

Sparkly Baubles


Hi, I'm finally getting close to the end of the christmas cards I need to make!

I've used these Memory Box dies a lot in the last couple of years, I just change the colours and the layout. 
The bauble base was coloured using distress inks, then sprayed with perfect Pearls. Every bauble looks a bit different as the colours dilute with the mist.

I'm entering the Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More, it's their last one for the year and there's still a few days left to join in.

I cut my silver tops and bows using snippets of silver paper. It became a challenge in itself to see how many I could get out of a scrap! So I'm visiting the playground over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop, there's always lots of fun (and mischief) happening there!

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is bling it on! I've used sparkly spray and gems on my baubles.

Materials used: Memory Box snowflake & classic ornament and crisp bow dies; distress inks; Perfect Pearls mist; Stately embossing folder for the card border; watercolor and silver paper; sentiment sticker and bling from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

20 comments:

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous!!
I love the pearly finish on those ornaments. You've made such a pretty card!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, I love this die. One of my wish list items :)

roffeycreations said...

Very pretty and sparkly Cathy - and the colours are really lovely... Mxx

rachel said...

these are just beautiful Cathy - no wonder you've used them a lot x

Di said...

Oh Cathy, what a lovely card! I have the dies but not the Perfect Pearls, which really do add such a lovely graduated sheen. Sigh, more spending here :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

BEAUTIFUL xxx

Brenda in IN said...

Cathy, this is so pretty and sparkly. The receipent will love it!

Irene said...

Such a beautiful and stunning card Cathy. Your soft gentle colours are just perfect.
luv
irene
xxxx

Greta said...

Love those dies & your card is just gorgeous!

sandie said...

Hi Cathy, love the look the perfect pearls gives, I haven't got any of this but must put it on my wish list! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM,

scrappymo! said...

So very delicate and pretty!

Darnell said...

Okay, seriously, Cathy, this is such a stunning and winning card which I am so pinning and totally CASEing next year!! I can't stop staring at it!! The girls are going to squeal with delight at the Playground!!

I wish you the happiest of holidays!! Thank you so much for your online friendship and support this past year!! Holly Jolly Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful baubles, Cathy! I have this die and need to remember this technique for next year! Love the layout and the pretty bows!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh what gorgeous ornaments you've created! I love the colors and the layout - just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M for Anything Goes.

Mrs A. said...

I have the dies and the perfect pearls!! these baubles are Gorgeous with a capital G. hugs Mrs A.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy. Love those Memory Box dies, they make very elegant cards. Love your colours and layout. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Happy Christmas! Monika

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card Cathy, I have the two bauble dies and will definitely be CASEing this card too! Me and everyone else by the sound of it, lol! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Brenda

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card - love the simple design and the beautiful baubles. Elizabeth xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

oooh wunnerful Cathy Shaz in Oz.x can see am going to have to find that ribbon die , is it memory box, too guessing so!?

Pam B said...

Gorgeous card I do like clean classic Christmas cards it's stunning.