Sunday 4 August 2024

Hot pink and orange mica spray stains

 


Hi everyone, I'm still swatching and making backgrounds with mica spray stains.
I thought these colours would fit the challenge at Just Us Girls, orange and hot pink.


I've used a new to me 3D embossing folder by Sizzix called Art Deco.
The sentiment and flower have 2 layers for dimension, and I used matte cardstock as there was so much shimmer in the background.

Here's a closer look at the gorgeous shimmer.


I'm also linking up to theses challenges:

Allsorts, I'm playing along with the season's delights option as I think these colours are so summery.

Supplies:
Sizzix art deco 3D embossing folder; mica spray stain in cocktail party and flickering candle;
Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; MFT in focus florals die; 
Dress My Craft congratulations die.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


6 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Cathy. Your striking, embossed background is beautiful.
Liz xx

Carol said...

Love all of the texture!!!! And your colors are just right for our Just Us Girls Challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Pat said...

I love the pattern of the embossing in the background Cathy, like layered scallop shells, and the pink and orange mica spray stain colours are gorgeous. A great choice of flower die cut which really stands out, and the shape coordinates beautifully with the shapes in the embossing..a clever touch, and a lovely idea to cut the sentiment from black card to match the matted layer. x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful creation those colours look 'hot' and I love the white die cut it shows up perfectly against the vibrant background thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pretty colors you added to the art deco background! This is a terrific card, Cathy. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

What great control of the sprays, Cathy, so we get to see the individual colors. The shine is magnificent. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.