Friday, 11 September 2026

Add a Sentiment Strip for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Jules would like us to add a sentiment strip for this round.

Or play along with our anything goes birthday option.

Our party guest and my team mates have some great inspiration for you, so hope to see you in the gallery.

I'm not sure about this card lol!
I gold embossed a background stamp and coloured the image with watercolour paints.
Diecut a circle in the top panel then embossed it and added the dragonflies, with black bodies so they stood out from all of the white and gold.

The sentiment is from a stamp and die set from Poppystamps - Birthday Banners.

I'm linking up to these challenges:


Mix it Up Challenge, playing along with the embossing option.

Try it on Tuesday, embossing.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, add some texture - I've used an embossing folder


Supplies:
Hero Arts eucalyptus bold prints: Poppy Stamps Birthday Banners stamp & die; Kuretake Gansai paints; Versacolor gold ink & Wow fine detail gold ep; Versafine clair nocturne ink & clear ep; Poppy Crafts leafy 3D embossing folder; Memory Box garden beauties die; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die & Spellbinders circle die.

Thanks for visiting and have a great week,
Cathy x


11 comments:

Fiona said...

This is so lovely - that gorgeously coloured background peeping through the white embossing is very striking. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

Barbara said...

Oh girl, look at all the texture on this card. I love all the white space it looks great

Nancy said...

I need to add this to one of my favorite cards of yours, Cathy! Don't know what you are talking about. 😉 The dragonflies are a nice touch.

Pat said...


What a gorgeous card Cathy,and I love the 3D embossed leaves and the prettily coloured flowers and leaves look so perfect behind the circle aperture, and the added dragonflies are beautiful. x

Ashwini Rao said...

Great design utilizing two methods of embossing. I also love how the card is filled with greenery but also has lots of white space. It's a great card, Cathy!

Mrs.B said...

This is such a pretty card, the gold embossing really adds to the image and I like the EF you used. Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love this card! I have the stamp and EF and you've inspired me:

JulieP said...

So pretty! I love how the dragonfly wings mimic the leaves so well.

shirley-bee said...

Well I don’t know why you’re not sure about this card, Cathy, it looks fabulous. Reminds me of carved marble and silk screen printing. A classic!

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful Cathy. Love your stamped and colored panel behind the lovely embossed panel. The dragonflies are perfect.

Glenda J said...

Such a cool card! Really love the white dragon flies on the white background - the hit of colour is perfect.