Friday 24 May 2024

Use metallics for Seize the Birthday - gold splatters and blackout embossing.

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Ashwini wants us to try metallics this time around.
I love shimmer and shine!


Or play along with our anything goes birthday theme. Our party guests and my team mates have loads of inspiration for you over on the blog, hope to see you in the gallery.


I've been playing with the blackout inking technique again!
This time I used the whole embossed panel, coloured the debossed side with Catherine Pooler inks - I think, I had a heap of inks out trying different colours!
When the colouring was done I went over the paper lightly with versafine onyx black ink.
This is so much fun, although never perfect!

I thought I'd frame the panel with gold shimmer card and added some small spatters of Kuretake Gansai gold paint. It's got a lovely shimmer in real life, hard to see in the pic though.
I also hoped the splatters would hide the imperfections a bit lol!

The sentiment diecut is double stacked for dimension.

Supplies:
Altenew whimsy motif 3D embossing folder; Catherine Pooler inks; versafine onyx black pigment ink; 
Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; Creative Expressions stacked happy birthday die; Kuretake Gansai watercolour paint in inca gold.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Johanna said...

Those flowers are gorgeous and I like how you spattered your gold ink. The photo doesn't do it justice I'm sure. Often sparkle and shine isn't easy to photograph.

Linda said...

Cathy, this is gorgeous. I don't see any imperfections at all. Love it.

Liz said...

Fabulous card Cathy, the flowers are stunning.
Liz xx

Pat said...

This is beautiful Cathy and I love the prettily coloured flowers and the black ink is so dramatic and shows them off brilliantly and love the gold spattering and the white die cut sentiment to finish...a great technique. x

Loll said...

WOW! STUNNING card using this technique. I played with this technique today ... thanks for the inspiration, Cathy! xx

Barbara said...

This is a fun technique which has gotten quite popular, and I've tried it myself. Good to see that you put the gold flecks in there and the gold border I really think it added to the card and I'm sure it's better in real life. So hard to photograph shiny things.

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, CAthy! I may have tried this technique a half dozen times and have yet to post one! Maybe I am too picky, but yours looks perfect and so cool, love those bright flowers and the splatters!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty card! Love those splatters too.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Cathy. Isn't this blackout technique fun to do. The gold splatters and white die cut sentiment look great with it.

Ashwini Rao said...

I know how sparkly those paints are, and I think it must be looking gorgeous on the card! I do love the look of the colorful embossed flowers and then the blackout, and it has definitely been elevated with the gold splatters. Gorgeous card, Cathy!

Nancy said...

My black out techniques have gone in the trash! What a gorgeous card, Cathy! Hope you will be recovering at home soon.

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely stunning! The colours look so amazing on the black - I still need to try this technique. Beautiful card.

shirley-bee said...

This is beautiful, Cathy! It's a great technique, with stunning results. I love the Gansai metallic watercolours too.