Friday 28 June 2024

Add a Star for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday, and it was my turn to choose the theme. Add a star!


or add to your birthday stash with our anything goes birthday theme.


Our party guest and my team mates have some wonderful cards to inspire you, so I hope you can play along.

I've been missing in action a bit lately due to having a major operation, but am now on the mend and starting to feel better. Thankyou to Nancy and my team mates for covering for me while I was away :)

This is a die I bought some time ago, but as usual hadn't used it lol!
I misted a panel with a range of mica spray stains to get a bit of a rainbow of colours and diecut the border from that.
I layered it onto a black border, inlaid the black stars, then the rainbow stars for some dimension.

The stamp is also out of my unused goodies box!

Here's a closer look at the mica shimmer.

I'm linking up to these challenges:





Darnell's NBUS Challenge, since the die and stamp have never been used I can pop into Darnell's NBUS challenge!


Supplies:
Ranger mica spray stains; Star border die by CardMaking Magic; Poppystamps Birthday Blowout stamp; versafine clair ink & clear ep; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; textured cardstock.
Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x





3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Simply smashing card - loving these sparkly stars, great use of NBUS too

Kathyk

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful star studded, colorful, shimmery border! I'm sure you'll find lots of uses for that amazing die now that you've cracked open the package! I'm so glad you shared with us in our star challenge at Double D. Keep mending and feel better!

Julia Aston said...

Your stars are gorgeous Cathy, with all the colors of shimmer sprays you used!. So pretty over the white stitched edge panel and black base! Julia xx