Friday 23 June 2023

Number crunching - Use a Number for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it was my turn to choose the theme this fortnight at Seize the Birthday.
End of June is tax time here so I thought of number crunching lol!


If numbers aren't your thing then any birthday card can be entered in the challenge.


Our guest Bonnie and my team mates have some fantastic inspiration for you, so I hope you can find time to play along.

Our family has some upcoming birthdays in July, so I thought I'd get a head start on one for my son!
(He doesn't visit my blog so it will still be a surprise.)

I bought the MFT number jumble stamp ages ago and this is it's first use.
Stamped in versamark on regular cardstock, white embossed, then colour added with Lindy's magicals and lots of water.

I didn't like the colours too much so chose a number die that was big enough for the pattern to show, and diecut them. Layered up twice for dimension.

The sentiment was diecut in black card, inked with versamark and clear embossed for shine.
Here's a closer look at the shimmer.


I've also had the SU Subtle embossing folder for ages and don't know why I haven't used it, love the look of it. (I ran it through my big shot plus twice, so maybe it's not so subtle lol)

I'm linking up to these challenges:

Using an unused stamp and embossing folder means I can visit Darnell's NBUS Challenge




Supplies:
MFT number jumble stamp; versamark ink; Wow white fine detail ep; Lindy's magicals; Papertrey ink number dies; Stamplorations birthday die; clear ep; Stampin Up subtle embossing folder; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; Fiskars star punch.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x






16 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card Cathy, I love the colours you've used. xx

Bonnie said...

I LOVE the pattern and colors on the numbers, Cathy! They are so pretty on the embossed white background and I love the font of the birthday sentiment! Great challenge! Thanks for making me feel so welcome at the party.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely CAS card -- great patterned numbers too

Linda said...

Lovely card with all the texture. I like the colors too. Thanks for the fun challenge.

Nancy said...

The numbers look fun and again love that birthday die so much! Great Topping, Cathy!

Barbara said...

Thanks for this fun challenge Cathy. I absolutely love your card with the big bold letters on this white background. It really is a stand out.

Pat said...

This looks great Cathy with the prettily patterned numbers and I love the contrast between the black shiny sentiment and background card and the prettily textured white layer, also the little matching stars are so sweet. x

Loll said...

Great patterned on the 33, Cathy. LOVE the magical colours you've used. Your son is going to love his card! xx

shirley-bee said...

Numbers in your numbers! Love it!

Darnell said...

If you weren't on the DT, this would be the winner, Cathy! I love the colors, and the shine, and the way there are numbers in your 33, and the high glossification of the birthday, and the not-subtle (lol) background! Even the three stars instead of an "rd," is clever! Your son will love it for all the texture and dimension and I'm delighted you finally tried that e/f. It's one of my faves; just love the linen look it achieves. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Debbie Mageed said...

Your CAS card is beautifully done, Cathy! The great papers and texture are perfect! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

JulieP said...

How very clever to do a number pattern ON the numbers!!! I'm loving the die font as well.

cm said...

How fun are your numbers-patterned numbers - and in such a pretty palette! Adding them to your embossed background certainly makes them pop, as well as adding another layer of delightful texture! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol

Ashwini Rao said...

So many numbers! I love how you've incorporated numbers into the die cut numbers as well! And those tiny stars look great! I love the card design as well.

Glenda J said...

This is fabulous! I love your numbers - so fabulous. Great sentiment too. Thanks for the challenge.

Colleen said...

Cathy, thank you for the challenge! And I must say I learned new ways to use numbers for birthday cards! Win win! Your card is so simple, yet the colors and design is classic and stunning!