Friday 9 June 2023

Sentiment on a Banner for Seize the Birthday

 

Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Barbara wants us to put our sentiment on a banner for this challenge.


If banners aren't your thing then any birthday card can be entered!



Our party guests Bonnie and Denise along with my team mates have some wonderful inspiration for you, so I hope you can play along.

I recently bought these banner dies by Waffle Flower Crafts.
I thought they'd be pretty versatile. I inked them up with versamark then embossed them with black sparkle ep to add a bit of bling!

The background is from my stash, a stencilled monoprint leftover from a play with stencils.
(After initially using the stencil with distress inks, water was spritzed onto the ink left on the stencil. That was placed onto cardstock and pressed with a paper towel to absorb the water. It leaves a negative print of the stencil)
I love the sketchy look of it.

I'm linking up to these challenges:



Mix It Up Challenge blog, playing along with the embossing option


Stencil Fun Challenge, playing along with the anything goes stencil option



Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp winter floral stencil; distress inks; Waffle Flower Crafts papercut party banners die;
Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; versamark ink and Ranger black sparkle embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x





20 comments:

Colleen said...

I think those banners are the best! they are so versatile, and by changing up the background they work for male or female! I may have to go shopping! Heart Hug, Col

Liz said...

Great card Cathy, I love the stencilled background. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the hanging banner with that luscious background!

Pat said...

That's a wonderful stencil monoprint Cathy and your banner sentiments in black really stand out..love the sparkle embossing powder for some extra sparkle and shine. x

Nancy said...

Catch, you always take your cards to the next level either by making fabulous backgrounds or adding shine. I need to do that more often. Great card and thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

LOL…I just saw that I typed Catch …LOL

Barbara said...

I was so glad to see that our team did many different types of sentiments on banners. Your example was the best as the whole sentiment was the banner. Way to go!

JulieP said...

Dang!!! What an AWESOME banner!!! Fabulous Cathy!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

The banners are great and loving the colours TFS over at AAA Birthday this month and hope to see you in future challenges Elaine DT xx

Mary Marsh said...

I saw your card over on Seize the Birthday Blog- I love the banners you used and you created a great background

Bonnie said...

This is a great way to use those stencil monoprints, Cathy! I love how you've embossed the banners!

Darlene said...

Oh Cathy, this is just amazing and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Linda said...

Cathy, your stenciled monoprint is perfect for those great banners. Awesome card.

shirley-bee said...

I love the cascading banners, Cathy, and the sparkle EP really makes them pop. Love the stencil monoprint too, haven’t done that for a while.

Trina P. said...

So cute. Fabulous monoprint background. Love those banners!… enabled alert (onto my wish list)! 🫣

JoAnn said...

Lovely monoprint background for your banner. Great card Cathy.

StampinwithAnita said...

I love love love your background! The black banners are really striking against it! Thanks for joining us at The Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge this month and hope to see you again.

Ashwini Rao said...

The negative background print looks awesome and sentiment banners look really striking on it, especially with the ep elevating it. Awesome card, Cathy!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely stunning background! Great idea to use some sparkly ep on those fun banners.

Helen said...

Beautiful background and I love that banner die too.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT