Friday 19 May 2023

Embossed Resist Hearts

 


Hi everyone, I watched a Jennifer McGuire video on heat embossing techniques and towards the end she created a card from the scrap offcuts she had trimmed.
I needed no encouragement to start hoarding offcuts from other projects lol!!

After I created this card, I saved the offcuts and diecut these hearts from them.
I double layered the heart frame and did add a white layer of hearts under the coloured layer for dimension.
The original card was made using a background stamp, versamark ink and clear embossing powder.
Then sprinkling on Lindy's magicals and spritzing with lots of water.
I love all of the texture that the embossing gives to the hearts.

I'm linking up to these challenges:




Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge, playing along with the anything goes option



Try it on Tuesday, Keep it Simple


Supplies:

 Simon Says Stamp Cora Background stamp; Lindys Magicals; versamark ink & clear ep; heart die out of it's packet so brand unknown, Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,

Cathy x


12 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card Cathy, I love the design. xx

Mrs A. said...

What a great idea for using up those scraps. I am on a mission at the moment to use as many up as I can. Hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

Really love this Cathy. Fantastic card. x

Loll said...

This is the perfect die-cut for using those resist off-cuts, Cathy. The card is beautiful! xx

Pat said...

This heart die looks great with all the different coloured scraps from the card featuring the background with the Magicals, and would work well with any pieces of patterned paper or inked offcuts so a great die to have and a beautiful finished card Cathy. x

Brenda in IN said...

This is charming and a wonderful way to use scraps. I'm off to watch the video from Jennifer.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Those scraps are a beautiful combination of colors and texture, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks.

Izzy Scrap said...

Absolutely gorgeous ! I love all these tiny hearts and the beautiful colours of the different resist off-cuts. Very eye-catching CAS card. Love it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to use left overs! This is amazing with all the hearts :) - Thanks for joining in at HLS Water Color Challenge

Sarn said...

Oh my word I simply adore this card x

Mia said...

What a super card, Cathy! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x