Saturday 20 August 2022

Teal, yellow and tan...perfect for butterflies!

 


Hi everyone, I'm back with another card for my guest spot at JUGS - Just Us Girls and this time it's a colour challenge.


The design team have some great ideas to inspire you, so I hope you can play along.

I needed a card in a hurry! 
When that happens I tend to rely on any bits and pieces I have lying around, (stamped and fussycut butterflies in this case), and a design I've used before. Boring I know lol!

I coloured the butterflies with Inktense pencils and a water brush. I was die cutting the circle from some cardstock sprayed with oxides and didn't like it. Turned it over to the back and smooshed it into some vintage photo spray stain and thought it looked like distressed chipboard! It's layered up for some dimension. 

I'm linking up to these challenges:





Little Red Wagon, embellish it.
I've used bling on the butterflies bodies. For such a small thing it makes a huge difference to the look!

Dies: Memory Box sketchy rings; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die.
Stamps (both retired I think): Memory Box cocoa bean butterfly; Annabelle Stamps fanciful flowers
 sentiment.
Other: Inktense pencils; vintage photo distress spray stain; versafine nocturne ink & clear ep; bling from stash.

Thanks for visiting, 
Cathy x



18 comments:

JoAnn said...

Those butterflies are beautiful Cathy. Love your die cut background also. Great save. Very pretty card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just gorgeous use of the colors! Love the flies 😊

ElizStewart said...

Cathy... your butterflies are fabulous!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with Just Us Girls this month.

Viv said...

Beautiful Cathy. x

Carol said...

Gorgeous colors and coloring! The die behind the butterflies is so cool too! So glad you are our guest!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Oh Wow, this is so pretty, not bad for just using up some "bits and pieces!" Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Pat said...

The MB rings look fabulous with the pretty butterflies Cathy and love the colours of the beautiful butterflies..a wonderful card. x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the effect you got on the die cut circles and those butterflies are absolutely gorgeous! Love that you used bits and pieces already on hand.

Imke said...

Thanks for entering our Challenge "Embellish It" over @ Little Red Wagon with this amazing card. The colors are perfect together and the rhinestones on the butterflies are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda in IN said...

I think it's great you go to the tried and true technique and design when in a hurry. If it works, don't fix it. The colors are cheerful and the design is pretty.

Nancy said...

I gasped when I saw this card! Such a great job, Cathy!!!

cm said...

You've aced the colour combination with your card. Those butterflies...swoon!
~carol

Lisa Elton said...

I love this card to bits, Cathy! The rustic circles are the perfect landing spot for your pretty butterflies!

ÅsaJ said...

Such an adorable card! Love it!!! Thank you for sharing with us at ATSM! Hugs Åsa

Ina G said...

I am so loving your circle background Cathy. Awesome! Your butterflies are just stunning in our colours this week. Super card stock.

Billie A said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors of the butterflies and the awesome background. So creative. Thanks for sharing over at Happy little stampers wc.

Bobby said...

The butterflies are beautiful in those colors, Cathy, and the circles die cut worked perfectly as your background. So great you could use items just waiting for a home.

Lisa Kind said...

The yellow and blue look beautiful on the butterflies, and I love that circle die behind them. Very cool!