Saturday 27 August 2022

Back to School

 


Hi everyone, I'm back with my last card as guest at JUGS - Just Us Girls.
Thank you so much to the team for having me, it's been great fun!

The theme this time is 

The design team have some wonderful inspiration for you on the blog so I hope you can play along.

We don't really send cards for this occasion in Australia, so I was at a bit of a loss until I remembered this Paper Smooches stamp set.
I coloured the scientist with prismacolour pencils, fussy cut him and popped him up on foam tape for dimension. His fingers are paper pieced over the beaker so it looks like he is holding it.

The school's back sentiment was done on my computer and printed out on thin card.

I'm linking up to these challenges:

Tic Tac Toe, I've gone with the blue red yellow diagonal



Allsorts, playing along with the anything goes option



Supplies:
Paper Smooches Great Chemistry stamps; versafine clair ink & clear ep; prismacolour pencils; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


16 comments:

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Cathy. What a fun design. xx

brenda said...

You have created a real fun card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute back to school card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

Carol said...

What a fun, cute card!!! The scientist and the colors are cheery! So glad you have been our guest!!! Thank you for your inspiration for everyone! And since I am on the DT for Tic Tac Toe, glad you joined us with this fun, school card!!!

Brenda in IN said...

This made me laugh. It does look like what you expect a science teacher should look like.

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is he! This is a terrific way to start off the school year, Cathy. You've been a fabulous guest designer and I loved having you with us this month!

cm said...

Cathy, your back-to-school card is a blast! So much fun! Thank you for being an amazing guest designer this month!
~carol

ElizStewart said...

Cathy! I so love Paper Smooches images! Love the scene you constructed... I am so glad you are with us this month at Just Us Girls!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliant card, such fun! Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! It’s the most wonderful time of year to most parents. Delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Nancy said...

This card couldn't be any more perfect, Cathy! You have been a delightful guest and I am sad to see you go! Each of your cards were amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun chemist! Cute card -- Thanks so much for joining JUGS for the month of August!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great card, Cathy and you have coloured that fun image beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I totally LOVE this with your mad science teacher! Such a fun back to school card. Thank you for joining us this past month at JUGS and sharing all of your talented creations!

Bobby said...

I'm not sure the kids are as thrilled as your scientist looks, Cathy, but this is a great card. It's been great having you as a guest and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work in our gallery.

Ina G said...

You sure put a smile on my face with this fun card Cathy. Such a cool sceintist and fabulous back to school creation. Different times with school holidays here eh! So enjoyed having you as our Guest at JUGS this month.