Wednesday 16 February 2022

WWC #335 - Heidi's Challenge Anything Goes - celebrating the end.

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Watercooler Wednesday and sadly it is our farewell challenge.
 I've only been a member of the team for a short while but I've enjoyed every minute of my time here.
Thanks to Heidi, Marsha, Kath, Dawn, Helen and Tristan for their support and inspiration as team mates and over the many years that the challenge has been running.


A long time friend is getting married later this month and I wanted a special card for him.
(Hubby wanted me to make a kombi card as our friend's mad keen on restoring and driving them!)
I won though lol!

I made a similar card to this many years ago and the couple loved it, so I thought I'd make another one but with brighter colours this time.

I attached some adhesive backed metal sheet to cardstock then diecut the daisies.
I used alcohol inks and blending solution on felt with a blending tool and pounced the colours on.
Love how the colours kept changing!

When I was happy with the colours I painted on some Vintaj glaze gloss sealer to help stop the colour from scratching off the metal. It's the first time I've used it, so hopefully it works!

I inlaid one of the flowers to reduce bulk.

It's so hard to photograph, but here's a look from another angle.

I'm linking up to these challenges:

Allsorts, CAS with the option of elegance




The Sisterhood of Crafters , anything feminine, must include flowers.



Supplies:
Dies: Simon Says Stamp fresh daisies; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle.
Other: Quic Kutz adhesive backed metal sheets; Alcohol inks in citrus, stream and wild plum; Vintaj glaze gloss metal sealer; Woodware wedding words stamp; versafine clair nocturne ink & clear ep.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

17 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Love how your flowers turned out, so beautiful and what a great technique!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Pauline C said...

Absolutely stunning card - I'm in love with how you did the metal foiled daisies and would love to try this. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge
Pauline x

Darlene said...

Just stunning Cathy! LOVE the CAS design! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Pat said...

This is a really gorgeous card Cathy and love the look of the alcohol inks on the metal sheet and the colours are so bright and pretty, and great to use the gloss sealer over the top. x

Loll said...

WOW! Your flowers are gorgeous, Cathy! They look like the iridescent colours with the way they have blended. Love it! xx

Jan said...

STUNNIG!!! Never heard of this technique but will have to investigate - LOL!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Jeanne H said...

A truly beautiful card! The couple will love it.

roffeycreations said...

Just stunning Cathy!! So pretty - Mxxx

Tristan said...

Aboslutely love how you achieved that colour on the flowers Cathy. I'm going to miss being on the DT with you but look forward to seeing your designs around blogland.

brenda said...

A pretty floral card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

stunning card love the flowers. Thank you for joining us over at Allsorts Challenge this week. Good Luck hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning card Cathy! Sorry to hear it's the last challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, Cathy.

sandie said...

Cathy this is stunning. I love the simple design with the flowers almost hugging around the sentiment. And what a gorgeous look the foil and the colours give. You did a fab job blending these and I can see why you were so happy with this. Thanks for joining us at CASology x

Mac Mable said...

What beautiful flowers with the alcohol ink and metal and the prettiest of colours. A real WOW effect Cathy. Sorry to hear about the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge x.

Helen said...

This is such a wonderfully striking card Cathy and I can understand how it is loved by anyone who is lucky enough to receive it. I love the colour you have added to your flowers - so eye catching!!! Thanks so much for your support and friendship during our time together on the DT. It has meant a lot. Good luck with your futre projects and I feel sure I will see them somewhere in blogland. I'm not sure where abouts in NSW you are, but I hope you and your family are not impacted by the severe rain event happening. We are lucky to live in a high area of Brisbane but it is so sad to see so many areas being inundated with floodwaters. Stay safe. Maybe our paths will cross again some day. :) x

Lee said...

WOW,Stunning.