Friday 4 February 2022

Sparkle & Shine for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and it's my turn to host! I chose sparkle and shine as I think we could all do with some more of that lol!


Of course you can always play along with our anything goes birthday option too.


Our party guest Vicky and my team mates have some wonderful sparkly inspiration for you, so I hope to see you in the gallery.

I applied some Bo Bunny glitter paste through this Funky Fossil stencil onto black cardstock.
I used copper, wasabi and seafoam. Love the autumn feel!

Here's a closer look.

I diecut the stencilled panel and mounted it onto a black mat as I think it makes the colours pop a bit more.
I used a new to me die for the birthday sentiment and the happy is a sticker mounted onto a fussycut piece of card to match the look of the die.

I'm linking up to these challenges:

I've gone with the right hand vertical column. Stencil, birthday, diecut.

Allsorts, playing along with anything goes and the stencil option 


Since my sentiment die is new I'm linking up to Darnell's NBUS Challenge


Supplies:
Bo Bunny glitter paste in copper, seafoam and wasabi; Funky Fossil leaves stencil; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; Memory Box birthday jotted script die; happy sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x






23 comments:

Cat Craig said...

wow, that is one sparklie and shiney card. Love the festive feel.

Mac Mable said...

WOW that's one sparkly card with amazing colours and I absolutely love it Cathy x.

Pat said...

This is really glittery and beautiful with the leaf stencil used on black card, and the Bo Bunny glitter pastes in those three fabulous colours Cathy, and the die cut together with the sticker portion and all in white on black really stands out over the top. x

Lee said...

Absolutely Stunning,love the effect.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic card in my favourite colour. Thank you for joining us over at Allsorts Challenge. We hope to see you again soon Alison DT

roffeycreations said...

Gorgeous - so sparkly and delicate lines Mxxx

JoAnn said...

Wow is right. Your shiny and sparkly card is so pretty. Thanks for a fun theme for our challenge.

brenda said...

Such striking use of colour, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Christy Lynn said...

Wow, that glittery panel looks amazing! The colors and the sparkle really pop against the black. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Pauline C said...

Stunning stencilling - that is a really fab technique and the results really pop. Thankyou for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
Pauline x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cathy that sparkly embossed stencilling is beautiful! Your card is so full of shimmer and the black base make for a glamourous birthday card. Thanks for playing along with my TicTacToe Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Colleen said...

You really picked the best colors for your stencil, I love all the richness in them from the glitter. This is an amazing card! Thank you for the challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

The sparkle and shine take this card over the top. So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with all the glitter sparkle going on!

Darnell said...

You are at the head of the line for my 2022 Schparkle Award with this incredible design, Cathy! I can only imagine how gorgeous this is in real life! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Cathy, Awesome colors and shine and such a great topping idea! The gallery is going to be great, I just know it!

Barbara said...

Your card is so sparkly and shiny and colorful all in one. Love it.

Ashwini Rao said...

I love how detailed this stencil is, and how evenly you've applied those sparkle pastes. They really sparkle against that black background!! So gorgeous!!

Carol L said...

This glittered card has such rich colors and the design is fabulous! I love how you designed this with a stencil! It's a beautiful birthday card with amazing eye appeal!

Vicky Hayes said...

Just wow Cathy! I love the effect of the different colour glitter pastes. How clever to get the different elements of the sentiment to work so well together too. Vicky x

JulieP said...

Love your color combination!!! I got really excited to see who made that tiny Happy die. Dangit. LOL!!! Beautiful.

Glenda J said...

This looks amazing! I've never used glitter paste - you've inspired me. Great colour combo.

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Cathy! The black backgrounds really make the shimmery leaves and white sentiment pop ❤️