Friday 21 January 2022

Embossing 2 ways for Seize the Birthday


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday  and Barbara has chosen embossing as the theme.


My team mates and our party guest Vicky have lots of wonderful cards to inspire you, so I hope you can play along.
Remember anything goes birthday is always an option too.


I have loads of embossing folders that I really don't use often enough! I also love embossing sentiments or diecuts to glitz them up and add some shine.

I had another play with this 3D folder and inked the flattish or debossed side with oxide inks and a blending tool.  The raised embossing is supposed to stay white but I got a bit too inky lol!

I diecut the happy twice from black cardstock and inked one with versamark and embossed it with clear powder to give it some shine, then glued the 2 together for some dimension.

I'm playing along with these challenges:



Playing along with just the anything goes option.

Supplies:

Simon Says Stamp floral centrepiece 3D embossing folder; distress oxide inks salvaged patina, wild honey and worn lipstick; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; Mama Elephant scripty happy die; versamark ink & clear ep; birthday sticker.

Thanks for visiting,

Cathy x




18 comments:

Carol Cel said...

This is lovely. I love your use of the embossing folder!

roffeycreations said...

Gorgeous as always Mxxx

Pat said...

The three colours look great together Cathy and the 3D embossing stands out beautifully and wonderful contrast with the black die cut sentiment to finish. x

Colleen said...

Cathy, your card with the embossing folder is really pretty, I tried doing that technique and mine was not so pretty, went to plan B...LOL. I love the fun trio of colors you used too!

Claire said...

Ooh how pretty, love the colours and you're not alone... I'd get very inky if I tried this but I do want try, I just know how it will end lol. It's a nice embossing folder and the colours really stand out on the black background x

JoAnn said...

This is so pretty Cathy. Love how you inked the embossing folder with those lovely colors. The shiny sentiment looks great too.

Brenda in IN said...

That is a gorgeous 3D embossing folder and your inking is so pretty. A beautiful way to bring out the design.

Cat Craig said...

So eye catching!

Mac Mable said...

Inky and fabulous and what a beautiful effect on your pretty card Cathy x.

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a pretty embossing folder Cathy and I love the look of your gorgeous glossy sentiment with it. You've done a great job of inking the embossing too - I have not had a great success with this technique but you have inspired me to have another go! Vicky x

Barbara said...

Great job Cathy, never too much ink. I love the soft look and that the colors give that the embossed flowers are a happy surprise.

Nancy said...

As soon as I saw your card I went right to my studio to compare it to the gorgeous one I have hanging on my inspiration board, which is from you. This one is just as pretty as that one! Love your choice of colors too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty in the soft colors!

JulieP said...

Love your blended color palette! And the black pops so wonderfully. Beautiful!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a sweet card! I love the coloful look you've achieved with this folder - suits that flowery ef so well. Lovely!

Anke said...

WOW your card is so beautiful ...

foleysfriend said...

So pretty! I love that you've used an embossing folder in a different way that "usual" and the soft colors are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Glenda J said...

I've never blended on an embossed sheet - it looks amazing! Love this card. Thank you for telling me about a smack of jellyfish.