Friday 23 October 2020

Inka Gold 3D texture.

 

Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Shirley has chosen texture as the topping.


You can always play along with the anything goes birthday option too.


The design team and our party guest have some great inspiration for you, so I hope you can play along.

A liitle while ago I went to use some of my Inka Gold colours and they had gone rock hard!
I found a you tube that advised on rehydrating them and then thought after all that effort I need to use them regularly to keep them from drying out again.

(Edited to add: Here's the link to the youtube I watched.

It involves breaking up the block of inka gold, adding cooled boiled water and when it is a creamy consistency then add a few drops of glycerin. Another tip I found was to put a folded baby wipe inside the jar, it helps retain the moisture. I cut the baby wipes in half so they weren't to bulky.
I think the main thing will be using them regularly and adding more cooled boiled water and glycerin when they start to thicken up too much.)


So, I'm reluctant to buy more colours, and decided to combine steel blue and magenta to try and create purple.It sort of worked lol!

I smeared the paste onto a craft mat and spritzed with a lot of water, then smooshed some cardstock into it. I spritzed the cardstock with water too to blend the colours even more.

I  embossed the dried card with a Sizzix 3D folder, it looks better in real life.

Here's a closer look.

The diecut was inked with versamark and embossed with Lindy's midnight violet ep.

Look forward to seeing your cards in the gallery!

Supplies:
Sizzix 3D doilies embossing folder; Inka gold paste; MFT happy birthday script die; versamark ink & Lindy's midnight violet ep; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

19 comments:

Claire said...

Wow, what a background Cathy... it's awesome. The colours are divine especially with the glossy black sentiment x

Vicki Dutcher said...

This made for a gorgeous background. Wish I would’ve seen that hint I ended up throwing mine all the way and I have like six of them bummer

Pat said...

What a great idea Cathy, and love the colour of the finished piece with that beautiful embossing and the wonderful shiny and prettily coloured die cut sentiment. x

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful effect! I've never tried Inca Gold, but glad you were able to resurrect yours. All it needed is this pretty sentiment.

Ina G said...

Stunning Cathy and oh so gorgeously textured. Awesome colours. I have a few Inca Gold that dried out and must resurrect them too sometime. I have been using the Finnabair ones as an excuse.

roffeycreations said...

That EF is really lovely - may have to borrow when next we meet. Colouring fabulous too! Cheers Maurs xxx

Jeanne H said...

what a beautiful card. Love the texture and the colors. Blue and purples, my favorites. I too have fixed up my Inca Gold and it has worked fine.

Cat Craig said...

Very cool effect.

Brenda in IN said...

This is really beautiful and mixing the colors was a great idea. I have quite a few jars of Inka Gold and they are all dried out. I've tried to rehydrate them with water and glycerin and they just dry out again. I'm glad yours worked and the card just shines.

Barbara said...

When I saw this card, I wanted to reach out and touch it. You got an amazing background, it reminds me of cool ice.

Anita in France said...

Texture-y, subtly shimmery and gorgeously rich, Cathy ... so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous texture and the inka gold looks so pretty. A fun idea to mix the colours. Striking card x. Yes my inka's have gone hard too x.

Nancy said...

Good for you Cathy to reach out and try to save a supply that you thought might be headed to the trash! I just recently threw out some Embossing paste and maybe I could have saved it! I love the color of this background and it was so smart to mix them! Waste not want not as my mom used to say! Nice card!

Loll said...

GORGEOUS card Cathy! LOVE the beautiful colour of Inka Gold you got from combining two. The deep embossing looks amazing over the Inka Gold finish. How did you rehydrate the IG?? xx

Trina P. said...

Wow, this is striking! Way to not only resurrect your IG, but to stretch them and create a new colour! Definitely well worth the effort.

Ashwini Rao said...

Glad that your Inka pastes are working well - I had to discard my Nuvo Mousse - there was no way to retrieve them!! But your post is full of surprises! That's two colors blended? No way to make out - it looks fabulous! I even thought that you had gone directly to paper. I love how it looks on the images, but if you say its even better IRL, I don't know what to say - speechless!!

Glenda J said...

I've never even heard of InkaGold but you rocked this textured background. So glad you were able to resurrect them! What a gorgeous card.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Cathy! Mixing the two colours is a great way to stretch your supplies, and revitalising them is an even better way! I need to check out my stash of Inka Golds, they’ll be rock hard, but at least I know how to rescue them now :)

JoAnn said...

So pretty and shiny. Love the background you crated. Glad you were able to save your Inka Gold product and use it on this lovely card. The embossing looks great.