Friday 10 April 2020

Embossed resist watercolour.


Hi everyone, 
it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Lindsey has chosen a Spring fling theme.


There are lots of fabulous ideas to inspire you from our party guest and DT, so I hope you can play along.

Remember, if flowers aren't your thing you can always play along with our anything goes birthday theme too.

I haven't used this Hero Arts stamp in a long time, even though I love the image.
I stamped it using  unicorn white ink then embossed with white embossing powder.
 I did have to stamp twice so thank goodness for my Misti!

I used Kuretake Gansai watercolour paints and did a light wash over the whole image then used paper towel to blot off most of the colour. Then I carefully painted the flowers. 
Watercolouring is definitely not my strong point but the embossed edges resisted the paint which made things a bit easier.

I'm linking up to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday, add some texture.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday where they have this gorgeous Spring mood board for inspiration.







Supplies:
Hero Arts large flower background stamp and white unicorn ink; Wow bright white embossing powder; Kuretake Gansai Tambo watercolour paints; Kaiserkraft sentiment stamp; versafine ink & clear ep.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x



20 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card with lovely spring colors.

Pat said...

I love the patterned background with the flowers on this HA stamp Cathy, and some beautiful colouring in those different pink/purple colours. A really pretty card. x

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE your color choices and the way you colored this in!!

Viv said...

You say watercolouring is not your strong point but I think these flowers are just beautiful Cathy. Gorgeous card.

Lindsey said...

So glad you got this stamp out again, because you've made such a gorgeous card with it! Beautiful colouring.

Karen Brown said...

Kathy, beautiful card! I love how you did a light wash and then went in and painted the flowers. The result is a lovely card. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

Anita in France said...

Such lovely colouring, Cathy ... the depth on those gorgeous blooms is brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful coloring of those lovely embossed flowers. Gorgeous card.

Mac Mable said...

What a stunner of a card and absolutely beautiful and I love the colouring too x.

Barbara said...

Astonishing card with the background and your water coloring.

Bonnie said...

WOW! Beautiful watercolor flowers, Cathy!

Stef Perry said...

Well, one would never know watercoloring is not your strong suit when looking at this gorgeous card, Cathy! The light wash in the background then the added depth of color on the large blooms is simply magical!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super pretty!

Darnell said...

I think you sell yourself short, Cathy! The watercoloring on this gorgeous card is divine! I love it! Take care and keep well!! Happy Easter! Hugs, Darnell (Oh, you should also enter The Flower Challenge.)

TaeEun said...

Beautiful! I love the nearly monochromatic look of your card, Cathy! The stamp is one of my first stamp sets I purchased and I love it, too!!!

Nancy said...

As I said privately!, you hit this out of the park! It seems like everyone agrees with me! LOVE!

Ashwini Rao said...

It definitely is a gorgeous image and you coloring is lovely, Cathy! Seeps out a wonderful spring feeling!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love how your card turned out...such beautiful pink flowers, a very happy card.
xx Karen

Pia S said...

A gorgeous flower card, so beautifully watercolored. And you managed to pick a perfect spot for fitting in a sentiment too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Glenda J said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I love your painting - just so perfect. I need to remember to emboss more often.