Sunday 13 October 2013

Happy Gram CASE



Hi, it's Sunday I finally got a chance to play in my craft room!

 I wanted to play along at the Simon Says Monday challenge where the theme is to create a card inspired by Tammy Tutterow. Tammy's work is amazing. I chose to case this one.(Sadly I couldn't watch the video tutorial, my internet speed is pitiful at the moment.)

I think the only supplies I had that matched Tammy's were the distress inks. I cut the tag from white cardstock and blended with the colours Tammy lists on her tutorial. I didn't have biscotti glimmer mist so I made up a spray with water and blue patina perfect pearls. It does give a subtle sheen when you move it around.
 I used a Stampin Up bird that I punched at my sister's on a visit a while ago. The flowers and leaves are cut from snippets, coloured with distress ink as well, so 
I'm also entering Pixie's Snippets Playground. There's always lots of fun happening there!

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is to use a rubber or clear stamp. My sentiment is a clear stamp from Annabelle Stamps All Things Grow set. It's stamped in Versafine sepia.

Inkspirational has an anything goes challenge. They have just changed to fortnightly challenges to allow more time to enter.

CropStop is celebrating World Card Making Day with a blog hop and a challenge link.

Materials used: Distress inks; Blue Patina Perfect Pearls; Stampin Up bird punch: Memory Box Woodland branch die; Carl flower punch; Impression Obsession leafy branch die; Annabelle stamp sentiment; green silk ribbon scrap from a friend; Birds & swirls embossing folder; bling from stash;

Thanks for visiting :)

35 comments:

roffeycreations said...

Really lovely card Cathy - Mxx

Brenda said...

Love how your focal design pairs up so nicely with the embossing folder you used. And of course that colour combo is divine and I adore Kraft!

scrappymo! said...

This is so wonderful Kath! That folder is so well suited to this sweet bird.
Great job on this snippets card.

Marina said...

This is a beauty - I love the subtly distressed background and those pretty dimensional flowers. Thanks for mentioning our challenges changes on your post. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

sandie said...

Hi Cathy, thanks for being loyal to us and continuing taking part-so pleased and this is such a wonderful card. I love the EF and the vintage feel to the tag is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational x

Sue - said...

Really pretty card.

rachel said...

this is beautiful Cathy - fabulous idea xx

Monica said...

Something very charming and pretty about this card. The background colours are awesome and the bird and the flowers so smiley. Loving it...

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Cathy! Love your little bird and inky tag, great job. xx

Candy C said...

Cathy...this is such a sweet card. I love the blended background....such pretty colors! Your little bird on the branch is so sweet and I love the little pops of color with the pink flowers! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Love the tag embellishment and embossing. Thanks for another great entry in our WCMD Blog Hop Challenge!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful tag! I love how you've distressed it and the bird is lovely perched on the branch!

Anonymous said...

Wow Cathy! The coloring on the tag is gorgeous! I love the flowers and the layered bird. This is just lovely! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Darnell said...

What a beautiful tag card, Cathy!! Well done on the snippets use and making this work for so many challenges!! I've enjoyed scrolling back through all the really pretty cards you made while I was away! Hugs, Darnell

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful tag on the embossed background. Love the colours and the little bird. Cheers, Shirleyx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Cathy!!! Loll xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Cathy! Love the embossed background and darling little bird! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Cathy how absolutely ultra cute love it!! Shaz in Oz.x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy-That little bird is so beautiful :)
Nessa xx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Cathy! Love the little birdie :)

Hugs, Di xx

Irene said...

A beautifu card Cathy, I love the embossed background, colours and little birdie.
luv
irene
xxxx

Deepti said...

This is so very pretty :) love the little tag with amazing inking on it :)

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely, Cathy ... the colours and shading are just stunning and the tag's perfect against that wonderful embossed background! Anita :)

kay said...

Adorable card x

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card - I like the bird tag. EW xx

Elizabeth said...

Sorry, should have signed properly ... Elizabeth xx

cheiron said...

So pretty! Love the color of this bird. Thanks for playing along with the use a RUBBER OR CLEAR STAMP challenge with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

MaryH said...

Lovely card using your beautiful tag. Your pretty blue bird perched on the flowered twig is perfect with the EF you used. I'll see if I can watch that tutorial, but I already know your version will be my fav. It's always interesting to see the ways card makers adapt their own supplies. TFS & hugs

Hettie said...

This is so pretty Cathy. Well done.
Hugs
xx

Debs Willis said...

Beautiful card Cathy. Love the colour combo

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning tag Kathy. I've only recently come across Tammy's work and blog and love her style x

Unknown said...

Really nice Cathy. I can't believe you started with a white tag. Great blending of colours. Take care Amanda (bird owner ;)

Cathy said...

Hi Amanda, couldn't have done it without your bird punch :) thank you, Cathy x

Nikki said...

Great card Cathy. I really love the colours on your tag. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card! How did you make the lovely pink flowers? What size tag is this? Thank you, Debbie