Sunday 6 October 2013

Blue Butterfly


I've spent the last couple of days stamping these Hero Arts antique engravings butterflies and colouring them with my Prismacolor pencils. I even tried a tiny flower as a body (a gift from Inspired by Stamping when I received my order).


So, I'm all set for butterflies for the next little while!!

I'm going to enter the challenge at Flutterby Wednesdays, where the theme is anything goes, as long as you have a butterfly or a fairy on your project.

The floral oval on my card is cut from a piece of a real estate calendar. I wanted to try some coated cardstock with my distress inks and this was all I could find! I hope that counts as a snippet so I can visit

Seize the Birthday has an anything goes challenge with the option of adding ribbons as a topper to your birthday card.


Crop Stop is celebrating World Card Making Day with a blog hop and a challenge, it closes on October 31, so there's plenty of time to join in.

Materials used: HA antique engravings stamp; Spellbinders floral oval die; Entangled embossing folder (I think this is now retired); Prismacolor pencil s; Versafine ink & clear ep;  distress inks; stickles: bling & sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

21 comments:

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card cathy and I love all those beautiful butterflies:) hugs xx

Monica said...

Stunning butterflies - all of them. But I am a bit partial to the ones with gems on them. Your card is just awesome.

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. All the colors of the butterflies are so pretty. The die-cut oval is so beautiful ... good for you improvising to find the coated card stock you needed :) Loll xx

roffeycreations said...

Butterflies are fabulous - the little flower is cute - liking the floral oval - very chic - Mxx

Susanne Vargas said...

Those butterflies are fabulous! Great card, too!

Di said...

Wow, super card and I adore all those lovely butterflies Cathy. Great idea to use the little flowers too.

Hugs, Di xx

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Cathy! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Blog Hop!

Bonnie said...

Oh, what a bevy of beautiful butterflies! I love the CAS card with the embossing, fancy oval and one of those butterflies!

Danni said...

Oh wow! This is stunning! LOVE the butterflies! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Lynn said...

These are wonderful Cathy - I have never tried prismacolour pencils, but I do love the look and softness they give. Lynn x

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the embossing and your pretty butterfly.
All the butterflies you created are beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Oh,I LOVE your butterflies! How gorgeous are they :)
Beautiful card-and that embossed white background really makes your beautiful blue pop!
Hugs,Nessa xx

rachel said...

beautiful card Cathy - wonderful butterflies too - can't wait to see what you do with them xx

Mrs A. said...

Happy flutterings! Hugs Mrs A.

kay said...

This is lovely,your butterflies are gorgeous x

Elizabeth said...

Stunning - love the contrast of the vibrant blues and aquas against the white embossed background. The butterflies are beautiful. Elizabeth xx

Chrissy said...

So very beautiful Cathy..stunning blue and love your selection of butterflies..gorgeous.
Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful butterflies, you did such a great job with the Prismas (I love using them too). The CAS whitespace & embossing sets off the butterfly so well, beautiful ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

Deepti said...

What a lovely card :) love the shades of blue :)

loz said...

These are gorgeous Cathy..Love your card..Loz

Sarn said...

These look wonderful Cathy. Happy crafting.

Hugs
Sarn xxx