Sunday 27 October 2013

Halloween tag


Hi, this is my 3rd and last post for today! Got to pack to go to Brisbane again to take my eldest son to a medical appointment. So I'll see you soon Mo!

I cut this tag from a Weet Bix box and used distress inks to colour it. The flowers are punched from snippets of watercolor paper coloured with my tombows, and sparkle gelly roll pens. The cat is a Scrapmatts chipboard die cut that I bought at the craft show, also coloured with a gelly roll pen. The snippet of ribbon is nearly the last of the silk ribbon scarps a friend from work gave me, (thanks Chris :).

I'm going to link up to a couple of challenges.
Scrapbook Boutique has a Halloween or colour challenge, to use purple, orange and black.

Here is the inspiration pic.

If you live in Australia, join in, it closes at the end of October.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge also has a Halloween or Halloween colour challenge.
 
Materials used: Distress inks; EK success & Punch Bunch flower punches; Scrapmatts chipboard cat; Sparkle gelly roll pens; Kaszazz vine edge embossing folder; sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)


15 comments:

roffeycreations said...

Mmmm purple - and the cat looks fab... Haven't used my ef yet - but I will!! Mxx

lostinpaper said...

Your glittery cat is totally glam!
Thanks so much for sharing at Scrapbook Boutique!

rachel said...

wonderful tag Cathy - and I hope your trip goes well xx

Melissa said...

Great tag and use of colours.
Thanks for joining us at scrapbook boutique

Brenda in IN said...

I love how you embossed the side and bottom of the tag. I'm not a cat person but I love that cat. It is the cutest.

cheiron said...

Such a fun inked background. Thanks for playing along with the Halloween/Halloween colors challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Anonymous said...

Cathy what a sweet tag. Love the distressed colouring and the glittery cat is totally cute:)

Monica said...

Wow, I love this colour scheme and the flowers add much grace. The cat is cute. Sorry I have been too occupied of late.

Skye said...

Great Halloween tag. I like your off set embossing and sparkley cat

MaryH said...

Loved your choice of EF on your pretty purple tag, and your sparkly kitty...delightfully spooky. Enjoy your visit with your sister. Bet you 2 will get up to some crafty goodness and sharing supplies. What fun. TFS & Hugs

Angela said...

Fabulous! Genius using a weetbix box too! Thanks for joining. In at scrapbook boutique

Mrs A. said...

I just love that cat. Your a girl after my own heart using a cardboard box up. Looks great with the embossing. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

Love this cat and the purple background!

Lyn said...

Cat is gorgeous what a great tag

Julia Aston said...

Love that cat and the embossed tag in purple!