Friday, 25 September 2026

Fall/ Autumn Colours for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Linda wants us to use fall colours for this round.

Or add to your birthday stash with our anything goes option.

Our party guest and my team mates have loads of inspiration for you over at the blog, So I hope you can play along.

I had some leftover scraps from a play with brushos from a few years ago! I keep everything lol!
I don't remember which brushos I used but I spritzed the top with some gold shimmer spray.
Here's a closer look at the shimmer.


I thought the splotchy golds oranges and browns fit the Autumn colour theme, and was inspired by this card by Ingrid from Pinterest for the layout.

The sentiment stamps are from Lawn Fawn and a set by Technique Tuesday that I bought years ago and
haven't used since! Luckily it has the purrfect stamp .

I'm linking up to these challenges:

My cat dies and the purrfect stamp haven't been used in years!


The Alphabet Challenge, K is for Kittens

Cardz 4 Guys, Fall or Autumn Colours

Inspirational

Supplies: Brushos; gold shimmer spray; Poppy stamps cat dies from 2012, 2013 and 2015(Curious cat; Pouncing cat; Cozy Kitties; Friendly Kitties; Walking cat) and some other unknown cat dies; sentiment stamps from Technique Tuesday - sassy and Lawn Fawn reveal wheel sentiments, versafine nocturne ink & clear ep.

Thanks for visiting and have a great week,
Cathy x



16 comments:

Barbara said...

I love your approach for this challenge. It’s very different and makes a wonderful card.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Cute!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Creative way to use the fall colors, and a great die for our K for kittens challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Linda said...

Oh wow, those Brusho scraps were purrfect for your kitties. Unique take on the colors. Awesome card. Have a nice weekend.

Julia Aston said...

Your Brusho scraps work perfectly for the bodies of your clowder of cats, Cathy! (I looked up what a group of cats is called and it's 'clowder, so now we both know!) and a wonderful sentiment used - so pretty with the stitched edge and black panel behind it all! Thanks for playing along with Inkspirational: Furry Friends! Julia xx

Martha said...

Love your Brusho cats. Brilliant use of old treasures!

inkblocks said...

Wow, your kitty card is pretty fabulous Cathy - I just love everything about it! :o) Thanks so much for joining in with us at the Alphabet Challenge, Nancy J

Diane said...

Being the owner of four kitties, I absolutely LOVE this!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
The Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

JoAnn said...

What a fun card with all those kitties. The brushos made lovely scraps to cut the kitties from. Glad you had the leftovers to use.

JulieP said...

What a good save!!! The colors on those cats are just phenomenal! Seriously phenomenal.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Superleuk kaartje. Echt mooi. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Alphabet Challenge
Very beautiful card, you made. So nice you join us at Alphabet Challenge
Creative Hugs & Happy Crafting!
Claudia 🦋
Claudia's Kaartjes

Pat said...

What a great idea to fill the card with all these wonderful cats Cathy, and the brusho pieces has worked brilliantly and even better with that gold shimmer spray too, and I love the way you have die cut and inset them in the white background, and finished with a wonderful complememtary sentiment. x

Nancy said...

As I type this comment, my grand kitty Lando is curled up on my lap. This is such a clever direction with the challenge and perfectly executed.

dj said...

Purrrrfect!! Thanks for playing along with our FALL/AUTUMN THEME COLOURS over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! I love those kitties....your choice of colors make them perfect for our theme and it meets our masculine requirement as well...well done!! Deb Horst, DT #C4G390

shirley-bee said...

This really is purrfect, Cathy! Those autumnal colours are so right for cats, and I love the layout of the card.

Glenda J said...

Super cute! What a great idea for the fall colours.