Friday 25 October 2024

Feathers for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Vicki has chosen feather as the theme.


Or play along with our anything goes birthday option.
It's a great way to build up your birthday card stash!


Our party guests Fran and Leslie, along with my team mates have something to tickle your fancy, so I hope you can play along!

I was asked to make a birthday card for an 18 year old girl with a bit of sparkle or shine, (but not too much), and feathers.

I have a few mica powders and perfect pearl powders and thought I'd brush them onto the stamped feathers. The mica stuck pretty well to the versamark ink.

I brushed off the excess and sprayed a very fine mist of water over the card to set the perfect pearls. Not sure if this is necessary, but I did it anyway lol!
Here's a closer look at the shimmer.


I layered the gold numbers and sentiment onto a black base for a bit of shadow.

I'm linking up to these challenges:

Deep Red feather and Carabelle Studios live your dreams feather stamps; versamark ink; perfect pearls in various colours; Kaisercraft number dies; Dress My Craft congratulations die; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great color combo for your background feathers!

Leslie Miller said...

The first thing I noticed was the shine of the feathers. Beautiful! I'd say you got the degree of shine just right for the recipient. I'm glad to be guesting with you for this challenge!

Pat said...

Wonderful colours of mica powders you added over the Versamark stamped leaves Cathy and together they make a beautiful 18th birthday card. x

Viv said...

Such a sophisticated and elegant card Cathy - love the colour combo and the splash of gold is perfect! x