Friday 12 April 2024

Any colour & green for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and our leader Nancy has chosen a colour theme this time around.


As always, you can also play along with our anything goes birthday option to build up your stash.


Our party guests and my team mates have some great cards to inspire you, so I hope you can play along.

I made use of some bits from my scrap box for this card.
The background is a stencil monoprint left over from the green stencilling on this card, and the flowers are diecut from a purple mop up piece from another inky session. I added an extra layer to the flowers for dimension.

I think the card has a rustic feel, ready for a Spring picnic!

I'm linking up to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday, Spring flowers
Addicted to Stamps & More
I've used both for my card.

Darnell's NBUS Challenge, my floral die by Poppystamps is new and this is it's first use.

Supplies:
Poppystamps petite blooms flower set dies; Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; Creative Expressions mini stacked happy birthday die;
Catherine Pooler garden party ink; Simon Hurley part of the geo circles layering stencil;

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x



12 comments:

Colleen said...

I love how bright and cheery your card is Cath! The purple and green is a favorite color combo for me too!

Darnell said...

This is bold and happy, like a birthday card should be, Cathy! I agree with your description and think it would also be a great card for a guy! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the purple flowers against the green background

Pat said...

A very pretty green and white stencilled background Cathy, and I love the pretty blue flowers using a mop up piece which look great over the green background and the shiny black sentiment stands out really well and also coordinates with the added black layer. x

Linda said...

Cathy, love your green background for your pretty purple flowers. Always loved this color combination, but don't use it much anymore. Have a great weekend.

Inkyfingers said...

I love how you matted your stencilled panel with black card, Cathy - it really makes it pop, and the glossy sentiment looks beautiful.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Barbara said...

I like making intricate cards, but the ones that I enjoy the most are the ones that come together from the bits box or on the top of my desk. This is CAS and I adore it.

Nancy said...

Your tone of purple is just so perfect against your background. Sweet card.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that shade of green with the purple flowers, a great use of some "bits and pieces" from your scrap box! Thanks for having me as your surprise party guest this time.

Ashwini Rao said...

As soon as I saw your card, I was curious about the background. The monoprint looks really great. The flowers are lovely too. Great card, Cathy!

Glenda J said...

I always love purple and green together and you've rocked it. The green pattern is perfect with your lovely flowers.

JoAnn said...

Your purple flowers look great on that green background. Great card.