Friday 28 July 2023

Rabbits Galore!

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Glenda wants us to be inspired by a book.
Whether it's the cover, settings, characters etc...


Of course, you can play along with our anything goes birthday theme too!


Our party guest Izzy, and my team mates have some wonderful cards to inspire you, so I hope you can play along.

I was thinking of dragons and castles for Lord of the Rings but couldn't get Watership Down out of my head! So I cased a card I made from many years ago when hubby was breeding rabbits.

The rabbit diecuts are double layered for dimension. I love the funky look of the sentiment sticker!

I'm linking up to these challenges:


Krafty Chicks, occasions

Little Red Wagon, Boys will be Boys

Supplies:
Memory Box springtime bunnies die; Poppystamps grassland border die; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x



16 comments:

Pat said...

So cute Cathy and I love the striking look of it on black card. x

Tammy said...

As soon as I saw your card, I though "Watership Down"!! I love that book! Great card!!

Izzy Scrap said...

Striking card with the contrast black and white. Love these bunny diecuts, I used them a lot for Easter cards. So happy to be your Surprise Party guest at STB. x

Doni High said...

Such a striking card. The dark background makes everything "pop". Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

foleysfriend said...

Love all the bunnies. Great decision to stack the bunnies for a bit of dimension. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

Linda said...

Very fun card with the cute little bunnies, Cathy.

Lynda said...

A fun yet dramatic card - love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun bunny card!

Barbara said...

The colors first of all make such a splash with your design. We'll have all those little white bunnies hopping around and I do love the font on your happy birthday. All makes for a fun card and a fun challenge.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Love the contrast of white, lime and black! I’ve never heard of Watership Down, I’ll have to look it up. I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

JulieP said...

I love the high contrast to your elements! I've never read this book and am now very curious.

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the rows of rabbits and the layout of your card.

Colleen said...

How clever, it has been so fun to see all the inspiration from everyone, yours is fantastic!

Glenda J said...

What a fun card! I love the dark background with the striking white & green. Great sentiment too.

shirley-bee said...

Yay, I guessed it right! I love this card, Cathy, both for the striking colour scheme and the graphic layout.

Ashwini Rao said...

What a fun card! I love how a story can be said just using silhouettes!! I love the solid colors on everything too. Awesome graphic card, Cathy!