Friday 13 May 2022

Faux or real stitching for Seize the Birthday

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Shirley wants to see some stitching on our cards. Faux or real, it's up to you


Of course, anything goes with a birthday sentiment is always fine too.
Our guest this time around is Lorraine and she and my team mates have some wonderful cards to inspire you, so I hope you can play along.


I've gone with stitching from diecuts.
I used a stitched rectangle die and then taped the blossom border metal die in place to cut the floral strip from the rectangle. Lots of stitching on that too.

The background is one of my last scraps from some inka gold smooshed on paper. Need to make some more!
Here's a closer look at the shimmer.

I'm linking up to these challenges:


Crafts 4 U stitched rectangle die; Paper Rose blossom border metal die; inka gold paste in gold and jade; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x



14 comments:

Pat said...

Such a pretty strip die with the flowers in white which goes beautifully over that bright and pretty gold/jade inka gold background Cathy and love the stitched edge to add to the stitching on the rectangle die itself which looks great. x

Barbara said...

I love the fresh background on your die-cut stitching images. The white flowers are a creative way to make a stunning card.

Mac Mable said...

The inka gold smooshing looks so pretty and what a delicate and pretty die cut. A beauty of a card Cathy x.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous stitched strips with that lovely delicate die.

Nancy said...

Another pretty card, Cathy! I love that most of your cards have a bit of shimmer or shine to them! It is always fun to see what you come up with!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Turned out wonderful using those stitch dies!

Brenda said...

I love seeing all the beautiful cards and different flowers people are using for our challenge. Your background is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Cathy! The soft Inka gold paper is the perfect background for your die cut flower panel. Must get my Inka pots out!

JulieP said...

I'm so happy you included the close up. The shine is amazing! I've never thought to smoosh with gold and definitely plan to try it. Beautiful card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) the blossom die cut panel is so pretty and the inka gold background is stunning! Love it! :-)

Sorry it took me a while to pop by, I have been on vacation and just returned home :-) Thanks so much for welcoming me to the party! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Ashwini Rao said...

Way to step up a die cut! Of course, the flowers look delicate and beautiful, but I love how the faux stitching adds additional texture and I love the look of the shiny green tones. Great card, Cathy!

Glenda J said...

Your green panel is gorgeous! Also - what what what ??!? - with taping the dies together. Amazing - I can't even imagine. This card is gorgeous.

Karen said...

Lovely background and complimented by your flower panel. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Bizzy Becs for our Anything Goes Challenge.
Karen DT

roffeycreations said...

Love the background - and that die is on my wish list Mxxx