Wednesday 7 April 2021

WWC 313 - Tristan's Challenge : all things masculine

 


Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge at  Watercooler Wednesday  and it's a masculine challenge from Tristan.

The design team have some wonderful cards to inspire you, so I hope you get the chance to play along.


I made a set of cards using this typewriter stamp and die as a gift for my Mum's birthday. (She uses a typewriter to send letters so I thought this was perfect for her.)

For the set I used a range of typewriter colours and tapes and had sentiments for birthdays and general greetings.
I thought these colours were suitable for a male.

I bought the die and stamp set from Sugarpea Designs a while ago with my Mum in mind, it was fun layering the typewriter up and I finally got to use some of my washi tape stash!

I'm linking up to these challenges:
Cardz 4 Guyz, use something new in your stash


Darnell's NBUS Challenge, for new or unused goodies.


Cuttlebug Mania, polka dots. I used the Sugarpea Designs You're My Type dies with my trusty Cuttlebug.



Supplies:
Sugarpea designs Just my type stamp and die; versafine clair nocturne ink & clear ep; Stampin Up washi tape; Fiskars star punch.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Great masculine card. Are typewriters still around? This looks like the one I started on back in the day. Way back in the day!

Diane said...

Just adorable Cathy, the typewriter and washi tape make a great design.

Hugs diane

Mac Mable said...

Such a thoughtful set of cards for your Mum. Great design and perfect colours for a male card x. Wonderful die cut typewriter too x.

Pamela said...

awww I just love this typewriter card that you've created!! Brings back lots of memories! Love the 3 stars you added and the stitched rectangle. Thank you for playing with us at C4G

Loll said...

Such a fun, masculine birthday card Cathy! Those typewriters bring back memories!! xx

Tristan said...

Fab card Cathy. Love the colours and layers you've achieved.

Pat said...

I love that die cut typewriter Cathy, and the background dotty washi tape and the sweet little stars go beautifully, and love the the little note in the machine and the stylish sentiment to finish. I remember using a typewriter that looked just like that...a very long time ago...lol. x

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, you've taken me down memory lane, Cathy! I had a typewriter just like this! I love your awesome design and great job using the Washi tape! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

roffeycreations said...

Nice typewriter!! Mxxx

dj said...

Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "new to your stash" challenge!! Way to go giving that type writer a masculine flare!

Anita in France said...

Love that typewriter, Cathy ... it's fabulous with the masculine vibe! Your Mum must've loved having a set of cards featuring it! Hugs, Anita :)

Helen said...

Such a great CAS card, Cathy! Certainly perfect for your dear Mum! I'm sure she loved them (and those who receive them)! Lots of fun! Take care! :)

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Cute typewriter card!