Sunday 21 October 2018

Baroque embossed ornament with alcohol inks.


Hi everyone, I've been making some small ornaments to go on a little Christmas tree that I bought from Ikea. The back of the ornament has black card on it but if you angle them right you just see the front.

I thought I'd pop one on a card for the metals theme at CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.


I attached some adhesive metal sheet to card stock, diecut it, then embossed it. I've done this before with other embossing folders but not this Baroque one. The tag at the back is embossed with the same folder.
Next I poured on some alcohol inks, it looks as if I mainly used citrus and red but there's wild plum and some blue in there too! Lastly I poured on some dimensional magic to protect it and give a glossy finish. The ink does move around a bit more too, so I'm investigating sealing it first before I add the gloss.
Here's a closer look.



My elements are metal, diecutting dry and wet embossing, stamping and alcohol inks.

I'm also linking up to the tags challenge at Less is More.


and it's a clean and simple theme at Addicted to Stamps & More.


I used a snippet of silver shimmer paper for the tag and the silver cord is also a snippety piece. Yep I throw nothing away lol! So I'm also visiting the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.
A good excuse to check in on little Dudley's antics too!

Snippets Playground Badge

Supplies:
Dies: Poppystamps Clarissa ornament background, and the top from Marconi ornament and the hoop from Brittany ornament, yes looks like I have a lot of ornament dies lol! MFT tag and pierced tag stax;
Other: Alcohol inks; QuicKutz metal sheets; Stampin Up Beautiful Baroque embossing folder: Kaiserkraft christmas sentiment; versafine ink and clear ep. silver brad.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


24 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Oh wow! This is a beautiful ornament, Cathy. I hope you can post a picture of your tree when it is finished. I imagine it is spectacular with lovely color and all that shine.

Jeanne H said...

What a lovely ornament!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fabulous effect with the faux metal on the Christmas die cut bauble on your wonderful card. The dry embossed tag as the background looks fabulous too. The font on the sentiment is wonderful and just love your CAS card, mixing the medias and incorporating the faux metal technique. The colours of the alcohol inks look amazing and I think it's the sum of all the colours that make it look so unique x Thank you for adding this beauty to the CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

rachel said...

That bauble is sooo pretty Cathy! Lovely of you to visit my blog! Thankyou! Big hugs rachel xx

Bonnie said...

This ornament is beautiful on a card or for a tree, Cathy! Love the colors on it and the tag you've hung it on! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my what a stunning creation.

Darnell said...

Just remarkable, Cathy! Another winner, for sure, and rightly so in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this looks like a glass ornament Cathy! AMAZING design! I love the mix of colours on your AI foil ornament. The gloss over top really make it outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What a great technique Cathy! Such a remarkable effect! Hugs, Autumn

Pat said...

What a gorgeous bauble Cathy and love the alcohol ink over the embossed metal sheet. I think I have seen another different one of these on here in the past, and thought then how fabulous the result was, and this one looks fabulous also over that embossed tag you have made using the same embossing folder as on the bauble. x

Ina G said...

Simply stunning and so beautiful Cathy.

Anita in France said...

Positively jewel like, Cathy ... the shine and depth is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

Di said...

Absolutely lovely Cathy - as Anita says, positively jwel like in fact!

Hugs

Di xx

Bobby said...

What a gorgeous ornament, Cathy. The colors and shine will look fabulous on your tree. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More. Can I ask what metal sheet you used and where you got it?

Trina P. said...

Incredible. Your ornament is gorgeous. Setting it against the beautiful embossed tag is fantastic. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

Cathy said...

Hi Bobby, QuikCutz adhesive metal sheets. I live in Australia and bought them on clearance at a Spotlight sale. I've been trying to buy more but no luck here in Oz. Thought I did see them at Amazons in the US. (they don't post to us over here :( ) Cathy x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Yup Cathy. Brilliant. Love the use of alcohol ink on metal. Hugs Shaz.x

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful metallic Ornament, love the bright colours, perfect for the CAS Mix Up challenge, thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us.

Julia Aston said...

What gorgeous colors and embossing on your beautiful ornament Cathy! These will look so lovely on a little Christmas tree - as it looks stunning on your wonderful card! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Cathy, so many Gorgeous and Textured elements on your stunning Christmas Ornament. Love how you hung it from a metal brad. It will be so beautiful hanging and picking up the light on your mini tree. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

Jo said...

Cathy this is a masterpiece. Embossing\Debossing allow this jewel to pop. The die cut is so beautifully magical. An amazing card!
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a stunning card! That metal ornament looks incredible! And I love how you have carried on the texture into the embossed tag beneath it. I love this one. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Less is More xx

Mrs A. said...

The embossing folder with the inks has produced an amazing result. The colours are beautiful. Hugs Mrs A.

Robyn Oliver said...

This is one gorgeous ornament card Cathy, love that technique - onto my todo list, its so colourful and shiny looks like a real ornament...great use of metal