Hi everyone, I spent a day playing with alcohol inks and yupo. I really wanted to get some gold veining but the gold mixative doesn't move around very well.
I watched a video that Jane from Janey's cards had done where she added foil to the tacky alcohol ink. Her piece looked amazing.
I don't have sheets of foil but I thought I'd try gilding flakes. Bit messy but it sort of worked! I used a lot of colours as it was an experiment but I hate wasting things so decided to diecut some flowers. I should've taken the pic before I cut it up!
The dull gold is the mixative and the shiny gold is the gilding flakes. (I'm going to buy some foil as I think it will look better and no need to scratch off the excess.)
I've inlaid one of the flowers so the other one can lay flush across it.
There's a few challenges I'm linking up to:
At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday, it's anything goes.
At Work it Wednesday the theme is to use an inking technique.
AAA Cards wants us to use a favourite technique. Hard to pick one favourite but diecutting is up there.
At Just Us Girls, it's a clean and simple theme.
Outside the Box has a floral challenge. I've used a Memory Box die, Chloe Stem.
Yupo; alcohol inks; gilding flakes; Memory Box chloe stem die; Simon Says Stamp Thanks clear stamp set sentiment stamp; versafine ink & clear ep; linen card base.
Thanks for visiting,