Sunday 12 November 2017

Distress paint rust.


Hi again, I've been trying to make a rust effect with distress paints.

To start with I diecut the tag and embossed it with a distressed stripes folder
I don't have a lot of paint colours but used a couple of browns, antique bronze, fossilized amber and dried marigold. I added some grit paste and then more paint on top of that too, spritzed with water and dried off.
I brushed some walnut stain and black soot distress ink around the edges though it's hard to see in the pic.

The sentiment was stamped and embossed onto tissue paper and glued on with multi matte medium.
The butterflies are coloured with inktense pencils.

I'm adding another entry to the rustification challenge at Paper Artsy.
There are lots of gorgeous pics for inspiration and amazing projects by the DT.

PaperArtsy

I'm also linking up to Addicted to Stamps & More whwre the theme is to make your mark.


Supplies:
MFT tag dies: Distress paints; grit paste; distress inks; Stamplorations Noteworthy sentiment stamp; Cuttlebug distressed stripes embossing folder; Hero Arts antique engravings butterfly stamp; inktense pencils.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

You do a fantastic job with the rusting look. This is really authentic looking, Cathy. I went over to Paper Artsy and I am in awe of the things they do with rusting. Wow. Thanks for sharing that.

Anita in France said...

That's such a cool, texture-y background, Cathy ... love the contrast between the touchable tactile finish and the elegance of those gorgeous butterflies! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue said...

Great Technique, Cathy! Your beautiful blue butterflies really shine again the background and I like how you put the sentiment on tissue paper.

Cat Craig said...

Wow, this is stunning Cathy. The blue of the butterflies is perfect against that stunning texture.

Corrie Herriman said...

Looks great !
Corrie x

Mac Mable said...

Great rust effect again and the pop of colour from the butterflies is gorgeous x

Liz said...

Super card, Cathy, I love the rustic look. xx

cm said...

You've achieved the rust effect beautifully; perfect for your gorgeous butterflies! A most impressive way to 'make your mark'! Thank you for joining us in the Addicted to Stamps and More gallery!
~carol

Susanne Vargas said...

Those blue butterflies really pop on that rusty background! Stunning!

SewPaperPaint said...

WOW! This effect is amazing and the pop of color is most welcome. Hugs, Autumn

Bobby said...

Rustic looks like that call my name, Cathy. I wish I had Distress paints to try it. I love it contrasted with the beautiful butterflies. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Pat said...

Another great rusty look Cathy and I adore the background embossing and the distressed finish looks wonderful. What beautiful colours on the butterflies too. x

roffeycreations said...

Lovely - Butterflies gorgeous as always... Mxxx