Monday 6 November 2017

Rust, distress paint and crackle medium = Mixed Media Experiment!


Hi everyone, I wanted to try something a bit different with rusting powder.
I've used it on corrugated card scraps before with distress spray stains, but wanted to add some colour into the mix. 
My family are quietly reserved in their opinions lol, but I quite like it!

I painted on a few distress paints and watered them down so they ran on the card. Next I thought I'd add some clear rock candy crackle paint.When that too was dry I added multi medium matte to spots  and sprinkled on the rusting powder. Tapped off the excess, then sprayed with vinegar. Some ended up in the cracks which was ok by me.

I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto tissue paper and used multi medium matte to glue it on.
The butterflies are coloured with Inktense pencils as I just thought it needed something else, well, butterflies!

This was my inspiration pic from the PaperArtsy Challenge, rustification. There are so many great projects from the DT too but I just love this pic!

       PaperArtsy

I'm also adding a link to the creatures great and small challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

14 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I really like the added color to the rust look. It adds a patina to the card. The corrugated piece adds depth and the color running down gives interest. You captured it all.

Cat Craig said...

Love the texture you've gotten here. Love the whole project.

Darnell said...

Look at you getting all inky and rustic and incredibly tactile! Well done, Cathy!! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Super card, I love all the texture of the panel, set off beautifully by the white border. xx

Mac Mable said...

I have not tried the rusting powder...as yet. Great rust effect you've achieved with the paints and the crackle too. The pretty butterflies are so perfect as a fabulous accent against the rust background. Had a chuckle about you family having an opinion x

geezercrafter said...

Love your rust treatment, and the colours you have used Cathy.

Anita in France said...

Cool and full of dimension, Cathy ... those lovely butterflies are fabulous against the texture-y background! Hugs, Anita :)

SewPaperPaint said...

This is incredible! It's fabulous to see you playing along at PaperArtsy! Biggest congrats on your SSS spotlight too! :) Hugs, Autumn

Unknown said...

The corrugated card background is wonderful!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great project !
Corrie x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh clever you Cathy you are branching out well done,
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Pat said...

What a gorgeous rusty look you have achieved here Cathy and those blue butterflies are so pretty. x

PaperArtsy said...

I think it looks awesome!!! nice job!

roffeycreations said...

Love the colours in this background... Mxxx