Sunday 19 May 2013

Baby & Butterflies


Hi, I made this card for a friend to celebrate the arrival of her baby girl.
 The layout is a little like the Thinking of You white on white card I made way back in February.

I'm going to enter the challenge at Scrapbook Boutique, where the theme is to create a card using the colours white, pink and yellow and this photo for inspiration.


I was inspired by the soft colours, the texture and of course, the butterflies!
(This challenge is only available in Australia as unfortunately Scrapbook Boutique doesn't ship internationally)


At A Blog named Hero, the challenge is to Clean Up Your Act, by creating a clean and simple project.

I'm also entering the snippets playgound over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop since I  used snippets in this card. I even took a picture of the bits! (I can still see some of the snowflake I cut at christmas time). Even though I have a drawer full of these offcuts, I find myself squeezing dies into every possible space, just to get 1 more use out of the scrap. Of course, these all went back into the drawer for next time!!


Materials used: Memory Box butterfly and alphabet die; EK Success flower punch; 1/8" circle punch; Stampin Up Fancy Fan embossing folder; glitter paper.

Thanks for visiting :)

12 comments:

roffeycreations said...

That fancy fan ef looks just like a delicate quilt... and your white glittery butterflies are lovely... Mxx

Di said...

Oh wow Cathy - what a gorgeous card - and it's just a perfect take on the photo inspiration too. Very elegant!

What's really tickled me as well is your snippet photo - now, I thought Mrs A and Karen P were real hoarders, but I think you definitely have to join them in the top three. Absolutely no waste in your craft room for sure!

Hugs, Di xx

Karen M said...

Your card is gorgeous - so soft and pretty - I hope your friend loved it - hugs xx

lostinpaper said...

Stunning Cathy, I just know your friend will cherish this.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

Cathy said...

I'm in good company then hee hee :)

Joyce said...

What a sweet and pretty baby card.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Cathy! Love the embossing and the sweet butterflies! Thanks for sharing with Scrapbook Boutique.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Cathy:) Such a beautiful soft and sweet card for a new baby girl.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cathy, what a lovely card - love that embossing folder and those pretty butterflies. Elizabeth xx

Darnell said...

Such a pretty, pretty snippets card, Cathy! You are my hero for how green you are with the paper!!

Bonnie said...

This is so delicate and sweet! Just like a baby!

Angela said...

Wow love the embossing folder!! A beautifully sweet card! Thank you for joining in and sharing with us at scrapbook boutique this month x