Sunday, 19 May 2013

Baby & Butterflies


Hi, I made this card for a friend to celebrate the arrival of her baby girl.
 The layout is a little like the Thinking of You white on white card I made way back in February.

I'm going to enter the challenge at Scrapbook Boutique, where the theme is to create a card using the colours white, pink and yellow and this photo for inspiration.


I was inspired by the soft colours, the texture and of course, the butterflies!
(This challenge is only available in Australia as unfortunately Scrapbook Boutique doesn't ship internationally)


At A Blog named Hero, the challenge is to Clean Up Your Act, by creating a clean and simple project.

I'm also entering the snippets playgound over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop since I  used snippets in this card. I even took a picture of the bits! (I can still see some of the snowflake I cut at christmas time). Even though I have a drawer full of these offcuts, I find myself squeezing dies into every possible space, just to get 1 more use out of the scrap. Of course, these all went back into the drawer for next time!!


Materials used: Memory Box butterfly and alphabet die; EK Success flower punch; 1/8" circle punch; Stampin Up Fancy Fan embossing folder; glitter paper.

Thanks for visiting :)

12 comments:

  1. That fancy fan ef looks just like a delicate quilt... and your white glittery butterflies are lovely... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Cathy - what a gorgeous card - and it's just a perfect take on the photo inspiration too. Very elegant!

    What's really tickled me as well is your snippet photo - now, I thought Mrs A and Karen P were real hoarders, but I think you definitely have to join them in the top three. Absolutely no waste in your craft room for sure!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in good company then hee hee :)

      Delete
  3. Your card is gorgeous - so soft and pretty - I hope your friend loved it - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Cathy, I just know your friend will cherish this.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and pretty baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cathy! Love the embossing and the sweet butterflies! Thanks for sharing with Scrapbook Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Cathy:) Such a beautiful soft and sweet card for a new baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, what a lovely card - love that embossing folder and those pretty butterflies. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty, pretty snippets card, Cathy! You are my hero for how green you are with the paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so delicate and sweet! Just like a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love the embossing folder!! A beautifully sweet card! Thank you for joining in and sharing with us at scrapbook boutique this month x

    ReplyDelete

I love having you visit, and enjoy reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time! :)