Tuesday 9 December 2014

Candle and poinsettia


Hi again, I've been slow in deciding on my christmas card design this year.
I thought I'd use these dies as they're pretty new and fairly easy to put together.

I've found it best to lay the candle outline down and use a couple of pieces of washi tape to keep it in position. Then glue in the insert candle pieces.
Lift up  the outline, pop glue on the back, and when you lay it down you can fit it around the insert pieces and it tends to stretch out of shape less.
(Ask me how I know LOL!)

I'm linking up to the challenge at Inkspirational where the theme is to use gold with any other colours.
 I thought the challenge was gold and any other colour, so initially I just used a pop of red bling. 
I've linked that card below but I think I prefer the red and green flower.





I used snippets of gold and green paper for my leaves so I'm visiting the playground at

The theme at Just Us Girls is sparkle.
I've used metallic gold paper, creamy goldish shimmer paper and bling to add sparkle.

At Addicted to Stamps & More the theme is CAS.

GRAB OUR BADGE!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is holidays/ christmas.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Supplies:
Memory Box taper candle and small blooming poinsettia dies; Martha Stewart branch punch;
sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

21 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Wonderful, sophisticated CAS design, Cathy! So happy you could join us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

roffeycreations said...

LOve that Candle.... Mxxx

Karen M said...

Both versions of your card are gorgeous Cathy and I love the pretty flowers xx

Brenda in IN said...

These are stunning cards. I love the touch of gold on the candle and sentiment. Either flower is beautiful. What a great candle die.

Caryn said...

Such stunning cards - love them.
Thanks for playing along at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. Gorgeous and elegant design. LOVE that candle!! Both versions are so pretty ... not sure which one I like better ... they are both so beautiful! Loll xx

Sue - said...

Beautiful cards - simple and elegant design!

Angela said...

These cards are so elegant, Cathy!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Angela! These is a very elegant design!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Di said...

Gosh Cathy, I adore both of these versions using that amazing candle die (one of my favourites too). Such a good tip about adding the 'frame after the inside of the candles as well!!

Sorry I'm a bit late calling by, not supposed to be peering at laptop really but wanted to just check that the Playground hasn't been overrun by naughty elves!!

Hugs

Di xx

Joyce said...

This is a fabulous design. I like both versions a lot.

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! These are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Anonymous said...

What a great die! The sentiment is perfect for the candle. I like the shimmer addition on the first card. Very elegant look. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

laurie said...

washi tape..that was a great idea! I have the same die, I just love it, but it can be a challenge with all the pieces to put together, Such a pretty card!

Marina said...

Hi Cathy, having read your post I so appreciate the effort you put into joining our challenge - both cards look great and I could not choose between them, as both have simplicity and elegance.Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

rachel said...

these are beautiful - love them cathy and such a fab design - hugs rachel xx

MaryH said...

Cathy, popped over to wish you a huge Merry Christmas, and enjoyed both versions using this lovely MB die (which is a NBUS for me, after wanting it so much). Thanks for explaining your method of doing the inlays...so very beautiful too. Hope that 2015 is everything you wish it to be, and I've so enjoyed your awesome cards this year. TFS & Hugs

Bonnie said...

These are both so elegant, Cathy! Thanks for the tip on gluing the die cuts! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

simply beautiful!! :D

Kath said...

I've just found the link to this post from Di's blog. The cards are very stylish and thank you for the tip on how to assemble the candles.
Kath x

Daria said...

Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for the tips.