Wednesday 1 May 2013

Butterfly Love


Hi, I made another lattice card with the leftover shimmer frame from my marshmallow coloured card I made a little while ago. The card base was distressed for another project but I wasn't happy with the distressing - too blotchy! I still need a lot of practice to improve my technique. Anyway, I thought the lattice covered up the uneven colouring well!

I'm entering this card into a few challenges.

Flutterby Wednesdays has a love, wedding or anniversary theme this week. Remember to use a butterfly or fairy in your project.

Simon Says Stamp has an Anything Goes challenge which is closing very soon!

and Make It Monday, a great spot to share your Anything Goes projects and to find inspiration amongst other card crafters.

Materials used: Papertrey Ink Quatrefoil Coverplate; Memory Box Madeira corner, Primo label and butterfly dies;EK Success & Punch Bunch flower punches; distress ink;Vellum painted with Twinkling H2os for the butterfle base; sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

16 comments:

roffeycreations said...

Another delicate soothing creation Cathy - love your work... Mxx

Tanvi said...

Like the soft colors..........especially the butterfly.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I saw it on MIM.

Mervi said...

Beautiful and stylish card, thanks for your visit,
I came from MIM too,-))m

Sandy said...

Beautiful card, love the lattice work. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Bonnie said...

I love it in these colors too! I need lots more practice with the distressing. I usually make a mess of it! This looks beautiful behind the lattice!

Ginny B said...

Cathy, your card is beautiful. Which lattice die did you use?

Danni said...

Such a pretty card!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Cathy said...

Hi Ginny, I used the Papertrey Ink Quatrefoil die/ coverplate. Thanks for your visit :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful!!! The lattice and flower are gorgeous...so elegant!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that lattice! What a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Wow this looks beautiful!! i love the contrast between the blue and green :)

Carol L said...

Your card is so pretty with that intricate lattice and blue butterfly! Those delicate flowers are the perfect addition to your spring scene! nj!

Elena V. said...

It's so cute! I saw you on Make It Monday.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oooh, it's the quatrefoil die! Love how you used it here, with cutting the long edges off, and using it as a lattice for the vines. Good thing you kept the distressed base, it looks wonderful behind the die!

Shuly said...

great card i love its simplicity and its colors; it's like lying in the grass and looking at the sky