Sunday 25 January 2015

Birthday Gear


Hi everyone, I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
 We've had a sweltering day today so I've been in and out of our pool. It's nearly 8pm and it's finally cooling down! 

I need a masculine card for an upcoming birthday so thought I'd try a cogs and gears theme.
I die cut these gears from an envelope box as the card was nice and sturdy. I've used a mixture of alcohol inks and Hueys mists to colour them. 

I'm linking up to the challenge at Seize the Birthday. There is an optional sketch but I've gone with anything goes birthday.

The tag was punched from a snippet of white card and coloured with distress inks, so I'm visiting the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Edited to add: I'm also linking up to the masculine challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges
Thanks Becca!

Supplies:
Memory Box gear dies; Fiskars tag punch; florist wire; brad; sentiment sticker; Sizzix embossing folder, (I don't have a gear ef and thought the dies fitted in this one ok); grey metallic card base.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

20 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is fabulous Cathy! LOVE how the die cut gears go so well with the ef, looks a perfect combination to me!

Hugs

Di xx

Karen M said...

Such a great masculine card Cathy - I love the colours and your design is so cool! hugsxx

Sue - said...

Super male card. Love all the metallics!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super male card, love the textures and the design. I can send some cooling snow your way :)

Warm hugs
Maarit

Susanne Vargas said...

That is a fantastic masculine card, Cathy! The gears and EF look perfect together!

Hannelie said...

Any guy will absolutely LOVE this!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

Liz said...

A fabulous male card. I love it! xx

Becca Cruger said...

OOooo! This definitely is masculine and so darn cool. I love all those gears and that embossed background. Thank you for becoming my newest bloggy follower. I"ve done the same and will be stopping back to cheer you on! Also - you should totally link this card up to the Crafty Gals Corner Challenge - which is to make a masculine card. :)

rachel said...

what great texture Cathy - this is fabulous. Big hugs Rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Always hard to find themes for a male card so your cogs idea is excellent. Cold and wet here in the UK. Hugs Mrs A.

Samantha A. said...

FAB MALE CARD! I love how shiny it is! All the gears are awesome!
Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
-Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

MaryH said...

Perfect guy card, and loved the way you salvaged the gear material. That metallic background is wonderful for the gears...very automotive feel to the entire card. TFS & Hugs.

Carol L said...

What a fantastic masculine card! I love the cogs and gears and how you "embedded" them into the embossed design!

Sarn said...

This cog card for the male of the species is fantastic.

Heat? Oh that would be lovely . . . flipping freezing in the UK at the mo!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

shirley-bee said...

Great male card - love all the metallics! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday :)

Deepti said...

Awesome masculine card, I have to work on this area of my crafting ;)

Brenda in IN said...

Oh what a great card! Love the embossing and the gears. Are the gears and cogs dies?What a perfect guy card.

roffeycreations said...

Very strong and manly card - perfect - Mxxx

Judy V said...

Great masculine card! Love the embossing and die cut gears! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner! Hope to see you back again soon!

Sherrie M. said...

This card is gorgeous!! What a great masculine card.