Sunday 15 April 2018

Slow and steady, snail's pace.


I'm not a huge fan of snail's in the garden, but they are fascinating!

I stamped this one onto a scrap of watercoloured paper and also onto some white card, so I could fussy cut, colour and paper piece onto the card. Close up it looks like 4 antenae and you can see the glossy accents on the shell and wink of stella on the snail, and trail lol!


At Less is More the theme is to bring something back.


 In this case it's the sentiment stamp from Darkrom Door that I haven't used in years. It's stored in a tin so I tend to pile things on top of it!

The tiny greenery stamp is part of a stamp from Flourishes.
Earlier this week I saw one of Darnell's cards (go and check her blog out if you haven't already as she is a wonderful inspiration!)
Darnell said she'd operated on a stamp to remove the daisy and add an umbrella. I recognized the stamp, went searching and then realized the tiny greenery would fit the snail panel! Thanks Darnell!
It's another one that hasn't been used in years.
I must check out my stamps more carefully and see how else I could use them.

At Simon Says Stamp Monday, the challenge is to be influenced by a myth, fable or story.
I know a snail isn't the same as the hare and the tortoise, but that was the fable I got stuck on! I hope that's ok,  think this sentiment is a bit like slow and steady wins the race.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

I've added texture with glossy accents and a touch of black soot ink around the edge of the panel, so I'm also playing at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

At Word Art Wednesday it's an anything goes sentiment theme or bible verse.

Grab our badge:

Supplies :
Darkroom Door Viva La Flora Vol 2 stamp; versafine ink & clear ep; Flourishes Kid's play stamp; Carabelle un escargot stamp; Versafine green ink; scrap of watercoloured paper; tombow markers; prismacolour pencils; glossy accents; clear wink of stella pen; Stately embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x





19 comments:

Nonni said...

Oooo I love this! That snail stamp is beautiful and I love the sentiment -so true!! Love the scene you created, yet the design is very CAS. Super work! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Mac Mable said...

Not sure about snails either but I am sure about yours....fabulous and love the paper piecing and the snail trail too x

Neets B said...

I love the design of your card with the embossed frame and slim focus panel. Great stamps and use of accent products too,
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Susan said...

Stunning card, the border is the perfect frame! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Papercraft Boutique said...

A realistic and beautiful snail, Cathy! I see the glitter and shimmer in the close-up picture. You worked on the detail so well - even the trail is shimmering! I love that you made the main panel a long, narrow rectangular shape. It creates a feeling of the slow and steady snail move. Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

Oh my, your detailing on this fabulous scene is brilliant, Cathy ... such a fantastic snail ... love his shiny shell and shimmery trail! Wouldn't usually call a snail lovely ... but this one is! Hugs, Anita :)

MaryH said...

Your watercoloring is so good! I'm not a fan of snails either, but like frogs, if you must have them, on a card is the best way. Lots of details on this one, the slime trail shows up very nicely. I like the shadow effect too. I don't usually think to cut my stamps apart either, aside from perhaps to make a sentiment fit my space. TFS & Hugs

Pat said...

This snail is so cute with his paper pieced shell and the lovely sentiment to go with it, and adore that embossed edge. x

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous snail Cathy...(now that's something I never thought I'd say!) You have colored him beautifully and he really stands out popped up on your panel. Darling.

Karren said...

This is beautiful! The layout with the panel running across the card is such a great look and that snail is fabulous!

Macarena said...

So cute! Love the CAS look and the main panel is fantastic, great image and lovely coloring. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Bonnie said...

I'm not crazy about snails but I LOVE this one, Cathy! Love, love, love what you've done with it and the other little stamps! Perfect for this sentiment!

Darnell said...

It's appropriate that you use a little easel to display your cards, Cathy, because every one of them is a work of art! This simple card is brilliant and I love the glossified shell!! Hugs, Darnell

debby4000 said...

Brilliant sentiment for the image, all in all a gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Kathyk said...

I'm not normally a fan of snails either but you've made this in to an absolutely charming card

Kathyk

Sue said...

I love the whimsy and sentiment, Cathy. The frame and added shiny shell are lovely additions.

sharon said...

I am not a fan of snails either although l LOVE your snail Cathy.
Love the colours and texture.
Hugs
sharon :)

Tiya-B said...

beautiful artistic card for such an unusual(ick) subject

roffeycreations said...

Very different Mxxx